Original topic:

S20 Plus Thoughts

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 01:22 AM)
Karan087
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
BEEN USING THE S20 PLUS FROM LAUNCH DATE I.E.5 MONTHS AND WANT TO SHARE MY THOUGHTS.

PROS..

1. DISPLAY IS AWESOME AND NO OTHER PHONE CAN COME CLOSE TO ITS LEVEL NOT EVEN IPHONE 11 PRO SERIES.

2. CAMERA IS REALLY GOOD ESPECIALLY IN LOW LIGHT AND ESPECIALLY WHEN USING FLASH AT NIGHT.

3. PERFORMANCE IS GOOD BUT FOR THE PRICE IT IS NOT JUSTIFIED.

4. NO DATA PRIVACY CONCERN.

5. NO **bleep** BLOATWARE APPS PREINSTALLED.

6. BATTERY LIFE IS REALLY GOOD.

CONS..

1. AT 60 HZ I FELT THAT THE PHONE WAS SLUGGISH EVEN IN NORMAL OPERATIONS SUCH AS MOVING BETWEEN HOME PAGE AND APPS PAGE.

2. 120 HZ IS GOOD BUT DRAINS BATTERY QUITE QUICKLY AND TO BE HONEST THE PHONE DID NOT FEEL THAT FAST EVEN USING 120 HZ.

3. GAMING CAN BE DONE ON HIGH GRAPHICS SETTINGS BUT FRAME DROPS ARE NOTICEABLE.

4. ONE UI IS WAY BETTER THAN TOUCHWIZ UI OR SAMSUNG EXPERIENCE UI BUT STILL MINOR MINOR STUTTERS OCCUR IN UI WHEN DOING EVEN NORMAL TASKS LIKE SCROLLING BETWEEN HOME PAGE OR BETWEEN APPS PAGE ETC.

5. WHAT IS THE POINT OF BUYING AN EXPENSIVE PHONE WHEN USER HAVE TO AND MAKE TWEAKS TO FAST IT UP AND WHAT IS THE POINT OF SPENDING THAT HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY.

6. ACCIDENTAL TOUCHES ARE STILL SO ANNOYING EVEN AFTER TURNING ON THE SETTINGS THAT REDUCE IT.

7. SOMEONE PHONE FREEZES RANDOMLY WHILE USING CHROME WHICH IS AGAIN ANNOYING.

* OVERALL A GOOD PHONE BUT CERTAINLY HUGE AMOUNT IS BEING CHARGED FOR BRAND NAME.
29 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Both are genuine.. Here download both and check generally both takes same time samfirm is 10-15min fast that's it.. If both downloads in same time prefer sammobile zip.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
@gunnerbomb
You never visited service center? If you have, then definitely you get to know that they use odin..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
@gunnerbomb
Finally, you never did odin and s20 is premium device I suggest you to wait for next update and use smartswitch pc to update. It is same as odin reflashes whole firmware and solves all your issues and gives glitch free experience.
0 Likes
GunnerBomb
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

DO I NEED TO WIPE CACHE PARTTION MANUALLY BEFORE FLASHING THE FIRMWARE VIA ODIN.

0 Likes
GunnerBomb
Active Level 10
Galaxy S

SERVICE CENTER FIRMWARE FILES THAT IS AP, BL ,CP ,CSC ARE SAME AS THAT IN SAMFIRM FIRMWARE FILES.

I WANT TO FLASH MY DEVICE AS NEW AS IT CAME OUT OF THE BOX.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
draining battery faster? how did you update software? I think you simply use mobile data or wifi where the actual and recommended process is install software via smart switch or odin flash or through authorised service center
Karan087
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I did not wrote that battery is draining faster. I wrote that battery life is really good.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
but drain battery quickly you wrote...check out .....which i told just do that ....you will not feel anything bad in that device
0 Likes
PANKS1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Overall, Exynos processor are weak as compare to Snapdragon.. my cousin in US owns S20 and the performance is brilliant even camera quality is different.... u can see the same on you tube... Mrwhosetheboss explain the same in detail
0 Likes
nikolsky
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
most of the cons can be attributed to the inferior exynos chip.
0 Likes