Original topic:

S20+ Green Line after software update

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 10:53 PM)
Samsung_omWU5Hz
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I am using S20+ phone which was working fine before software update.

After software update there is a green vertical line appears centre of the phone screen.

Searched over the internet, so many user faces the same issue.

I visited the service center, initially they refused to accept this is a company fault and inspect my phone. Checked everything and found everything working fine like touch, camera and all other sensors. I showed then internet results and Samsung blogs then they accepted it a software update fault.

Next they asked me we can only replace if your phone is in new condition.

I am using this phone from last two year, using Samsung original case, due to dust there are scratches on the frame (not a physical damage) on or over the screen.

I have few questions here

1. When Software upgrade is the issue, so should user has to bear the screen replacement cost

2. As per Samsung, Galaxy S series is there premium flagship phones, and for S series software upgrade is not tested properly (this happen to most of there S series phone), and if found faulty then Samsung should take an action to replace it irrespective of the phone condition.  

3. Is this the way to sell new phones by damaging old phone screen via Software Upgrade? 

4. Person can use his phone if damaged from any other part then screen, but this upgrade damage screen and screen will be replaced only when there is no damage on the phone. Is this fair with your customers?

10 Comments
Lutapi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hey kindly re visit the service center and ask them to replace the the Dispaly and battery for free..only condition is there shldnt be any water damage or major dents..Even i got my Screen replaced..my service offered it upfront without sayg anything.
Dag8
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

For how long have you been using your phone?

0 Likes
Lutapi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Pls Chksamsung-galaxy-s22-line-on-display-issue-replacing-img_1000006776_1664909284.jpg
Dag8
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi, my phone is out of warranty and I purchased it out of India. Can I get is repaired for free?

0 Likes
Galaxy S
0 Likes
CODM6567
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Go to service centre
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Green line issue on S20 plus phones
Please watch & share the video link provided below.
Bring awareness on this issue and save money by avoiding buying Samsung Smartphones.
Thank you

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Guys please watch this & be aware of this issue before you buy new flagship smartphones of Samsung

Current Position of Samsung S series & especially the S20 plus phones. 

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U