S20+ Fingerprint not working after Android 11 update

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 08:42 AM)
bertez24
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

S20+ Model No: SM-G985F/DS

Baseband Version: G985FXXUSCTKF

Just this morning I got the latest update of Android 11 along with One UI 3.0. The update has brought lots of futures for the phone. But I noticed my fingerprint is not working anymore. I mean the Fingerprint animation is not displayed in the lock screen. I deleted the Fingerprint, added a new one successfully and still it won't show in my lock screen. Always On display is ON, Fingerprint animation is ON, Always show Fingerprint also ON.

I'm not sure this is something related to a new settings and I'm not seeing it or it must be a bug. Please help.

9 Comments
Manasd
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
its working for me..n its more smooth compar to 2.5..
under show fingerprint icon set show icon when screen is off to on always on display..
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We request you to kindly send us the error log file along with the Video or Screen-shots within 15 minutes of issue occurrence through error report section from Samsung Member Application:- Samsung member > Click on beta banner > Switch to beta mode > Beta feedback > Send feedback > Error report. As this will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
justinchi
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

My fingerprint sensor is working after the update, but is far less accurate. I have to retry three to four times on average.

0 Likes
JKdroiduser
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here, got the v11 update on my S10e end of Jan and its been inconsistent. Sometimes I have to retry a few times, even if my thumb is completely dry. Never had this problem before.  

0 Likes
aarace
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Note10+ and I also have very poor fingerprint recognition experience. 

Often times I'll try 5x before it locks me out and I have to use my pin. 

0 Likes
bobsamsung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

has any fix been identified?   I just received android 11, and now fingerprints arent working.  I tried to delete the fingerprint and then re add it.  After about 42%, it says that i need to cover the whole sensor.  Which I am doing.  At that point, it stops identifying, basically stuck with the same message.  Screen is clean, hands are clean.  I did this, as apps were no longer working with fingerprint

0 Likes
charmin_armin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same on Galaxy A51 w/ Android 11

0 Likes
naveenraz
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Same problem s20+
0 Likes
Dragerz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here still after months following update. Was there ever fixed for this?

0 Likes