Original topic:

S20 FE exynos battery

(Topic created on: 01-19-2022 02:13 PM)
Michal S
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, did anyone see improvements to battery life of exynos 990 or have we just been scammed? Can I return this phone in warranty? Its 5 months old. 

I'm still getting 3.5 hours of SOT max with every function like 120hz , always on etc off, I don't use any power draining apps, nor play any games. Set my phone to factory default and still no change.

Anyways, what is the reason to have 120hz, always on display or high performance, when I can never use these functions for battery life? Thats a scam ...

10 Comments
owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Warranty doesn't mean that you can return the device if you don't like it. The most they can do is replace the motherboard , that's it.
Michal S
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Don't get me wrong I like it, but with the battery its unusable. It's like having a 5 year old phone. Actulally my old S5 with Lineage OS lasts like a week on idle 😄

owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Well exynos 990 was notorious for its terrible performance and efficiency. Not completely blaming but next time make sure to watch reviews and battery tests before you buy a device. For now you can watch some tutorials on how to reduce battery drain. :)
0 Likes
Michal S
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Dude you're nice :) But I'm an IT guy, and I really barely use the phone, no fb or anything just Whatsapp and teams ... Tutorials won't do any good, wish it was that easy 😄
And yeah the reviews always show like 7 hours SOT vs 8 on snap. It's just a scam
With my redmi note 8 pro I did not need to turn off all apps on background or any functions. So why does Samsung treat theirs consumers worse ? Just weird

owl123
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Looking at your usage scenario you can consider an iphone. Its a no nonsense platform and you won't have to deal with all these bs. The only thing that matters is whether you'll like ios or not
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Good luck returning it 👍
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
And 3.5 hours of SOT without gaming is too low. I feel for you bro.
0 Likes
Michal S
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It's real sad, I changed from my beloved Xiaomi note 8 Pro which did like 8hours even after 2 years. Now I have barelly usable, twice as expensive phone. I checked like thousand of blogs of weird solutions where none worked.
The last one I see is to break my warranty, root the phone and disable Mongoose M5 cores.
I really start to understand the iPhone users who just don't have to care about this.

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung member,

Greetings from Samsung customer support.

Thank you for sharing your concern. We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. And please follow the easy troubleshooting steps which might help to solve the issue.
Battery optimization helps you to boost the battery performance of your device. To check battery optimization:

Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

Kindly turn off the smart features of the device and other connectivity features when not in use, which will eventually help you to reduce battery power consumption (smart features such as Motion gestures in advance feature and Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Hotspot, etc.).

Please follow the below steps:
1. Swipe down on the home screen to open the notification panel.
2. Tap on Bluetooth, Location/GPS, Wi-Fi, Mobile hotspot, NFC, etc. to turn off.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.
Warm regard,
Samsung customer support

0 Likes