Original topic:

S20 FE battery

(Topic created on: 01-22-2021 05:56 AM)
fanedition
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Saw lot of posts regarding poor battery life of s20 fe. Considering the phone is equipped with a 4500mah battery, the backup is below satisfactory. What i notice is when phone is on use it mostly drains similar to other phones (oneplus 7t) but the idle drain is very high. 7t drains only 2 or 3 % overnight but s20fe drain is about 8-11%(that too with bixby routine for power saving on aod off, auto brightness off ). 
I think this is to do with the inefficient exynos 990. Can other exynos 990 user share your idle drain percentage. Can samsung improve battery life???????
9 Comments
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
S20Fe exynos 990 powered not optimised well.
Wait for some updates or idk. My s20+, im getting max 7hrs 15 mins sot with 120hz all the time. If i use discord i get 6hrs. Note its on a11 first stable. I used to get a bit more in oneui 2.5
0 Likes
fanedition
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That is very good SOT 👍, what about idle drain?
0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Idle is 3 % for me after 8hrs sleep, it was between 5% in oneui 2.5, but active is a bit higher. So thats part is needed to get fixed
0 Likes
luma_gabriela
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

exynos version?

0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, indian variant
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. To resolve battery issue kindly follow the below given step:-

>>Battery optimization:- Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question). Kindly send us the screenshot (which apps are consuming most of the battery).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
fanedition
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
copy paste instructions
KrishnaKD
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
yes battery backup is too poor
0 Likes
FahadVS
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
yes me too battery is very poor.
my nokia 8 with 3000mah battery lasts more.there is something wrong. the optimisation is very bad.
the exynos 990 is very bad
my snapdragon 835 performs better in downloading and installing apps and is way faster
0 Likes