Original topic:

S20 FE CPU cores usage at 98%-100%

(Topic created on: 06-14-2021 01:23 PM)
Leon1902
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
when the device heats up check your cores usage? for me when my S20 FE, 6 cores stays at 98%-100% for no reason? can you tell me if this is the same thing for you guys?
6 Comments
ShyamMohan01
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yes, I too have noticed that whenever my phone gets hot, the cores usage becomes very high. Another thing I have noticed is that the phone charges very slowly when it's hot. However when I connect an external mobile cooler to cool the phone, CPU usage comes down immediately and the charging speed increases significantly.
Leon1902
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
so you are saying when you cool down the phone the cores usage comes down too?
and yeah the charging speed depends on phone temperature.
0 Likes
ShyamMohan01
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
That's an observation, could be coincidence too. Usage does seem to come down to fluctuating between eighties to 100 for the first 6 cores. This seems odd since the processor should be throttling and reducing CPU usage when it's hot.
Leon1902
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes you are right but usage shouldn't be that high when there are no background apps running except of system apps
0 Likes
ShyamMohan01
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
There seems to be a definite drop in usage below 40 Deg C. I think this is some kind of threshold that has been coded in. Looks like the processor makes an extra effort to reduce usage when it's above 40 deg which ends up heating the processor even more due to the extra work. Its like keeping the refrigerator door open to cool the room. Thus it ends up having to close many applications to cool the processor. Just a random hypothesis though1623872144636_15885.png
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes