Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S20 FE 5G not connecting to 5g Internet Jio

(Topic created on: 03-16-2023 01:33 PM)
anakinKazama
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I've bought theUAE version of S20FE 5G earlier this year. I live in India and I use a Jio SimCard. Jio 5G is available in my area, but still my phone isn't able to connect to 5G. 

I read somewhere that as there are 2 version of the same phone in India > 1.S20FE 4G 2.S20FE 5G , the jio database have to be updated. But i think thats not the issue.

Is it because the software version is of UAE?

Thanks 🫡

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Jio database is already updated bro, see my screenshot.
The thing is that operators in india have opted for standalone & non standalone 5G networks, whereas outside india in other countries mmWave 5G is being used in the only form of 5G. That's why the devices you purchase outside india will not work with Indian operators bcoz their software has only been enabled for mmWave 5G, not standalone or non standalone 5G networks. If you want to use Jio 5G in india then go to the service center & tell them to flash the indian firmware, then you're ready to go with 5G services in india...

If my information was helpful then do accept this as solution 🙂Screenshot_20230316_134638_MyJio.jpg

View solution in context

Solution
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, coz it's gonna change your csc too, so make sure to backup all the important data before you proceed further🙂

View solution in context

18 Comments
Solution
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Jio database is already updated bro, see my screenshot.
The thing is that operators in india have opted for standalone & non standalone 5G networks, whereas outside india in other countries mmWave 5G is being used in the only form of 5G. That's why the devices you purchase outside india will not work with Indian operators bcoz their software has only been enabled for mmWave 5G, not standalone or non standalone 5G networks. If you want to use Jio 5G in india then go to the service center & tell them to flash the indian firmware, then you're ready to go with 5G services in india...

If my information was helpful then do accept this as solution 🙂Screenshot_20230316_134638_MyJio.jpg
anakinKazama
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Oh so thats the problem. Thankyou Sayan
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You're welcome🙂
anakinKazama
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Flashing the new firmware will delete all data right?
0 Likes
Solution
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, coz it's gonna change your csc too, so make sure to backup all the important data before you proceed further🙂
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
No
0 Likes
anakinKazama
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I went to a Samsung Service Centre in my city, they are saying that they can't flash the phone bought in other region and it would brick the phone if they flash the indian version.
0 Likes
sudhakar35gm
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
There bit / rev number 4 which is mentioned in the samfw website. You can flash only the CP and the home CSC files (country must be the same for both) from the latest android 13 patch (if the bit / rev number is 4 that is same as android 12 Nov patch) and flash it (assuming that you are using android 12 Nov 2022 patch). Try only for S20 FW 5G

What OS do you have now?.
anakinKazama
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Android 13, One UI 5.1, security patch 1 Feb 2023
0 Likes