Original topic:

S20 FE 5G, Network mode don't stick

(Topic created on: 10-14-2021 12:24 PM)
Praazvergil
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hey there S20 FE Users, I'm facing this issue where the selected network mode always reverts back to the top mode i.e. 5G/LTE/3G/2G(autoconnect).
I always prefer SIM 2 to be in 2G mode but it always reverts back in it's own even for SIM 1 if I select LTE/3G/2G(autoconnect) it reverts back to the top mode.
Before I was using Samsung A50 in that I never faced such problem it always used to stick to whichever mode I select.
So can you please confirm whether it's a bug or it's there like this in all the phones now?

7 Comments
vigs20fe
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Why do you want the second sim to be in 2g only ?. Let it be auto.
You feel that selecting it to 2g will improve the battery life ? Then leave it. There is no great battery improvement just changing it to 2g. Your battery will drain more in 4g only if you have mobile data switched on. If not then there is not much difference. I have practically seen that.
Praazvergil
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes that's what I feel. I don't use my second sim for data so I prefer to keep it in 2G only all the time so that it will not drain battery by always trying to find the best network available in auto mode. I even don't have problem if the sim shows no network available in rare situations where even 2G won't be available. But I just want that mode to stick to 2G without changing to auto like it used to in my A50 previously.
0 Likes
vigs20fe
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Just set it to 4g auto. You will not feel a big difference
0 Likes
Praazvergil
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ok but even that doesn't stick it always goes back to 5G/LTE/3G/2G autoconnect mode for both the sims then what's the use of giving the option
0 Likes
Dashiing
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I faced this issue and it happens
If you open battery saver
So stop using battery saver
Everything will be fine
0 Likes
Praazvergil
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
But I don't use battery saver
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. To resolve your device network issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-optimise-network-...

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.    

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes