Original topic:

S20 FE 5G - NETWORK ISSUES

(Topic created on: 01-15-2021 09:00 PM)
Kai08
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Samsung, 

This is the 5G International version I imported to India from Dubai.

I love the phone, it is an exceptional package for the price, but it is not perfect.

My main issue with this phone is about signal reception. This phone has like 2 bars in places where my past phones would have 4 bars, for example. The signal strength is always above 90dBm even in places that are supposed to have good signal, which causes battery to drain faster.

The battery life is still excellent for Im getting 6-7 SOT from light-medium usage, but I expected a little bit more, but more importantly it should be able to catch signal better.

Still running One UI 2.5 on this one, so I'm hoping this would be fixed with the new update. 

My other suggestions would be to improve the auto exposure on the camera as it always exposes higher than needed during the day. Night shots are already excellent. 

Also, please let us use live focus with the 3x telephoto as well, not sure why you guys are not giving us that option.

Please address the above issues with your future updates.

Thanks.
13 Comments
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device network issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-network-issues/#:~:text=1%20Check%2....

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
pegasusnites
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am having the same issue for the past year.  I thought it was my cell provider, but my partner just recently bought a new phone and his is getting 4-10X downloads on the same network.    Will there be a software update, or is there an issue with the antenna on this unit?

0 Likes
Kai08
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi,

I did most of the steps you given like factory reset twice, and playing around with mobile network settings, but I do not see an improvement.

I also want to point out that my SIM card gets disconnected every now and then, as if it is some loose connection inside but when I pull the SIM tray out, SIM card would be sitting all well and tight in the tray, and I just have to push it back into the phone and my network comes back. There is NO LOOSE CONNECTION.

I believe this can be optimised by you guys via Software Update.

I do not have the Indian variant, but I have the global 5G variant I got from Dubai, and I still haven't receieved Android 11.

I hope you push the update soon and resolve this network issue via the update.
Galaxy S
Same problem
Galaxy S
Same problem
DP 87
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issue for me. Upgraded from a 4g phone to a 5g. I get less signal and less data. Need a fix or will have to return the phone. 

MitulMehta
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Try changing the network setting to lte/3g/2g from 5g/lte/3g/2g.
0 Likes
Tony186
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

I have the same issues with bad signals on my S20 FE 5G.

I hope there will be an update soon. Otherwise I'll have to buy a new from another brand. 

0 Likes
Raaja78
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I got the same problem...Samsung request you to please fix this problem immediately
0 Likes