Original topic:

S20 FE 5G Always on Display issue

(Topic created on: 11-30-2021 04:31 AM)
JayachandranVS
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
My screen is not completely black when always on display is enabled with 'Show always' setting. Its only noticeable in a pitch dark room. I checked the internet and found out a lot of people has the exact same issue. Im worried if its a hardware related issue. Should i consult the service center to get the display changed under warranty?
10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Most of A52s5g also has same problem.. Must be software.
Galaxy S
Really!?
I'm worried because my previous phone (galaxy s8) lasted only 2 weeks after the exact same issue happened with it.
0 Likes
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I think this is either not an issue or this is an issue across all devices. I have the same issue too, but I belive this is light distortion through the tempered glass perhaps (try covering the clock with an opaque sheet and check if the rest of screen now appears black) ideally it should then..
Galaxy S
Yeah man i tried it before. I don't think its an issue with tempered glass because the screen is completely okay and fully black when 'tap to show for 10 seconds' is selected instead of 'always show'. If you have the same phone, can you please change the settings and confirm you dont have the issue when 'tap to show for 10 seconds' is selected?
0 Likes
WalkieTechie
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I don't have the same phone. But I have always used 'tap to show'...so will try 'always show' and check once...
BVikram
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I have no screen protector, and for me no such issue.
Galaxy S
Wait for next update, (I assume your phone have enough warranty left till we receive One UI 4) .

If still not resolved visit service center.
I have the same phone too but I haven't tested this thing on my phone.
Galaxy S
Yeah dude, just test it tonight itself. For me its only visible when i select 'always show'. Check it out with both settings.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. We understand your concern and will help you resolve this. Kindly follow the below steps to resolve your issue:

1: Go to Setting >> Tap on Lock screen >> Tap on AOD >> Tap on Always on Display >> Tap on Home button.

Follow the below steps to perform a settings reset:

1 From the front screen choose Apps.

2 Choose Settings.

3 Choose Backup and reset.

4 Choose Reset settings.

5 Select RESET SETTINGS.

6 Select RESET.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes