Original topic:

S20 Battery drainage issue

(Topic created on: 03-12-2020 08:02 AM)
fivever
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I pre-ordered the S20 (5g variant) and have been using it for the past 1-2 weeks.

I have noticed that every day after a full-charge to 100%, the battery will drain about 2-3% per hour with absolutely no usage. This is on top of me going through the settings and turning on battery-save mode, making sure background apps aren't using data, turning off gestures and motions, etc.

Without even touching the phone, I'm down from 100% to 90% in just 3 hours.

I am using 60hz at FHD, not 120hz or WQHD+

This is very disappointing, I've tried to contact support through the live chat, they didn't respond to me for 45 minutes and closed the chat with no solution. 

Edit: I did buy the 5g but it isn't available for my service provider here in Australia until mid-June. So I'm technically still on the 4g until then.

19 Comments
sam77744
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
5g model in india?
0 Likes
fivever
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I did buy the 5g but the 5g service isn't available here in Australia until mid-June. So I'm technically still on the 4g until then.

sam77744
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
ok, you are in Australia because I know Samsung not launch 5G S20 series in India
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
so how's 5g speed
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
5g is the reason and also the camera module they are main 2 reasons of battery drain
0 Likes
fivever
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Service networks in Australia aren't launching 5g until Mid June, so until then I'm using 4g. What do you mean by the camera module?

0 Likes
sabbir2world
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
First of all you're a loser since you chose Samsh!t crappy flagship with Exynos (A lame processor)
0 Likes
fivever
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hello to you too. What is "Smash!t"?

0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I meant heavy camera systems and their algorithms for picture shooting are also a reason for battery drain