Original topic:

S20+ 5G Exynos battery drain and heating problems

(Topic created on: 12-31-2020 01:03 PM)
AntonyK09
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hey everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G (Exynos) and I am facing some problems. I've written about this before but the problems still persist. After the OneUI 3.0 update, the battery drains for the most basic tasks and sometimes the phone heats up during these tasks. Just recently, I was watching videos on YouTube for a short period of time and the battery took a 4% hit. That's way too much battery loss for a short period of time. I'm tired of sending these posts and no action being taken by Samsung.

I've had my phone for only 4 months and these problems have come up. It's not fair what Samsung is doing to its customers. They should advertise that their phones have different SOC's and are not the same device. The people in Snapdragon regions are getting a better experience compared to Exynos regions. And I'm not the only one facing these problems, there are many other people.

What's surprising is that Samsung's home base, South Korea, where their "flagship" Exynos chips are designed, sells their phones with Snapdragon 865 chips. Please do roll out a software update which fixes these problems.

Battery taking a huge hit after watching videos on YouTube for a short period of timeBattery taking a huge hit after watching videos on YouTube for a short period of time

1 Comment
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
You are right. A lot of people with the exynos chips are facing battery problems after the 3.0 update. Samsung has solved the chip irregularities with it upcoming device (s21) where the exynos version shows higher performance than the snapdragon version. The only solution to you problem is to wait till samsung launches a fix for the problem or try downgrading if it becomes hard for daily use.
0 Likes