Original topic:

S1O Lite Screen Red Tint

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 03:07 PM)
BespoKeSoul
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone

My S10 Lite screen has an issue. When it displays black, it doesn't display pure black, but a faint chocolate colour instead. Even in AOD, the screen is not fully black. When it's displaying other content than black, then everything looks like it has a retro filter on it. Please help. Should I factory reset my phone? I tried resetting all settings, didn't help. Also tried clearing the cache from the recovery menu. Didn't help. The red tint is there even in the start screen when the Samsung Logo appears. The screen is never fully black. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

Then it's software issue, the current theme is not totally black or is brown.

0 Likes
vishnues
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Did you face flickering issue ? In low brightness green patches are common but now users including me are facing flickering and red/green/yellow/ tinges are appearing. was this the issue for you ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Same thing has happened with me. Same red tinge on blacks. 1.5 year old phone.
0 Likes
BespoKeSoul
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
As of today, in my phone its normal again
0 Likes
BespoKeSoul
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I hope it stays that way. My phone is 1.5 years old too.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
This went on for a week before the change was permanent. Now its red.
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you to kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/   

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,    
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
mdasif
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Why we are visiting your service center we don't have have lots of free time spent over there you have to solve the problem over this chat if someone say after replacing display still facing the same red tint issue and you said that we have to visit your service center
drakydr
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Supplying your screens to iPhone as well but still your oled have so much problem
0 Likes
vishnues
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

All 1.5 year old devices are facing this issue. I am facing this issue from last 3 weeks. Are you from India ?

0 Likes