Original topic:

S10e - Green screen after last software update 01Nov - Fixed and Again

(Topic created on: 11-05-2020 06:15 AM)
TechZu
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

My s10e has become completely green after latest software update (01/oct/20 one ui home 2.5). With lots of trial and error I am typing from the same phone, but have green tint. 

For me this is caused by the last software update and I don't want to change the display panel - any suggestions to proceed further ?

I already have completed factory reset on the phone and is able to access it.

1. But the boot logo is not coming up - unable to figure this out yet - any fix?

2. I am unable to get into system cache wipe or recovery menu as well. - any thoughts? 

Please help. 

Service center is suggesting changing of display panel, after a less than 5 minutes check, but I don't think it will solve the issue and more importantly, the issue can come back/persist. Please suggest/help

Thanks

Zuraiq

11 Comments
Shahanewaj
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I also have this device but I didn't face any problem like green tint. I think it's display issue
0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for your comment. I have seen it working fine through my trials and the error is appearing after the patch update. I don't agree it is a hardware issue and the risk is the same issue can recur unless we do proper due diligence before any action such as change of display panel!
0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I recorded this issue via Get Help >> Feedback
Received a message from Samsung that they are analyzing the log yesterday and no further updates yet. Hope I will get some updates on the same! awaiting to hear from Samsung...
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We request you kindly visit the service center for the physical inspection of your device. To check for the nearest Samsung service center kindly click on the link:- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks for your suggestion, @cs-mwmber13. But as mentioned already I visited the service center as a first step and their feedback after less than 5 minutes checking is to get the display panel replaced. I am not convinced as this error is happening immediately after applying the last patch dated 01Ocr20. Currently I am waiting for the next patch
0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I am typing from the same phone, though it is complete green!
0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I received the latest patch today (security dated 01Nov) and the phone has become normal from yesterday. There are no green tinit, nor there is any flares on the screen - absolutely fine....
0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
the issue was fixed, phone was working normal.

now from 14Nov onwards I am getting the same error. I keep trying, and it is not becoming okay.
- the initial samsung logo is not appearing on startup.
- the screen is found to be okay and it is a software issue. Also raised as an error with Samsung and am eagerly waiting to hear from them. Hope there is a proper solution soon...
0 Likes
TechZu
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Update:

I am still waiting to hear from Samsung re: their analysis of the logs. I don't have a date or an update from Samsung even after repeated queries.

My phone is working much better,except for it is unable to show dark black color - there is greenish tint.
it does not show Samsung android logo at the startup. I doubt the bootloader is corrupted and clearing system level cache should fix this.

I am waiting for the fix everyday!
0 Likes