Original topic:

S10 weird screen ghosting???

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 07:04 AM)
yohohoho
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
After August security update, I am starting to see weird screen ghosting for black color app icons such as Netflix, uber... I can only find this only happening for icons which are fully black... Can somebody take a look and tell me if I can do anything about it

0 Likes
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
same here
0 Likes
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Go to service center and reinstall software bro
AravindanR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I think most amoled screens will have this issue. Its not noticeable if dark mode is turned off. Mostly issue will be there when dark mode is on and brightness is low.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Check device in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

yohohoho
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi,

Thanks for your information.

I tried to replicate the issue in safe mode, however the third party apps which I was talking about is graded out in safe mode. So I'm unable to replicate the issue using safe mode.

As for resetting the device, currently I won't be able to reset the device, will need some more time for it.

p.s. I will update on this later.
0 Likes