Original topic:

S10 moisture detected in port( Know error)

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 05:04 PM)
abhinavc02
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
On a recorded line with the customer care executive of samsung I came to know that samsung is miss selling products like S10 claiming them to be IP68(i.e resists water at 1.5m for 30min) while the samsung care says it can only defend water splashes. I have a recording and i ll try to take this to court.
Strange to hear when you spend 66 Grands on a flagship being fraud.
Continued with a common known issue around the globe: "Moisture detected in the port" without any possible trace or contact of water.
This may flash while charging or permanently. Initially you can bypass the popup/notification by pressing OK or charging while switched off(suggested by samsung service centre maneger noida sector 51) ,but eventually fast charging will change to normal or cable charging also detoriating the speed of charge.
As the port is non detachable from motherboard,service centre have the only solution to this as motherboard replacement costing 22000 INR but free of charge if the phone comes under warranty.
So what happens if your warranty falls within lockdown. Like the end of my S10's warranty was end April 2020 when the service centre was closed and red zone restriction was continued for quite a while. So i was waiting for the pandemic situation to be in control. Now that i could reach samsung service centre,they have refused the warranty.They have also rejected to check or clean the port which is 700 INR chargeble as the maneger says there is no garauntee of waterproofness unless the motherboard is replaced. In short he meant no other option expect going for a chargeble motherboard replacement. If samsung is not going to take ownership in this case and issue then i am not going to waste a single penny on samsung from now on. I mean if they have a known issue for a flagship model which could not complete even a year without glitch & issue then its fraud more than shame. My mother is using S9+ which had the same issue but we got it repaired as it was out warranty last year when no pandemic situation was present. But now I see this is a repeatative issue in all S series phone and Samsung is doing nothing about it, instead coning has become their option to avoid warranty reparing. Entire globe is adjusting the warranties of their product but samsung will not do it even when the issue is their own and common. Instead you service centre says we extended the warranty but unfortunately you might have not received the notification( what kind of joke/pathetic service) 
So if this means my phone will not be taken care by samsung then i guess i ll have to buy a new phone and its definitely not going to be samsung.
Earlier slow charging, heating of battery seemed to be usage issue,but now that i have gone through so many moisture detected forms and posts,i have come to a conclusion that the port issue is the cause of everything and its a manufacturing fault. Guys dont go for S series (especially S10) if you really want to go for a flagship phone then go for Iphone(though i havent used iphone yet) cz ownership and a quality product is expected when you spend so much on a flagship phone. Clearly the service centre's attitude was like "dude,why did you go for samsung when you had such a great budget"
0 Likes
16 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Samsung introduced ip 68 water resistant because if by chance device fall into water then one can easily remove it without water damage..it doesn't mean that someone play with that device inside water or photography...it's because water contains minerals ,ions it will allow faster entry of water 💧 inside device if solute concentration inside water is little high ...... none of the service center allow to do that and there is no warranty for water damage......if you think your device charger port detecting water then please wait for complete dry ....and if you didn't put it inside water then also it's showing, then it's software glitch which only goes by a perfect factory reset or firmware flash from Samsung service center
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
if software issuer Its better to go service center reinstall software
kpu
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
try clear cache data
0 Likes
abhinavc02
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
firstly as i said no water traces or contact made, secondly samsung care says nothing about chance of falling in water(they said it can only resist splashes which clearly is not IP 68.
As far as it comes to factory reset( i have done it 6 times in past one week but no joy)
And i would have been glad if samsung service centre would have tried anything like firmware flash or anything. They clearly said its a know S series issue and will fix only with a motherboard replacement.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
🤔
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
then please make a complain against that service center who told it's not ip68 water resistant .....just visit service center again and request them to firmware flash...i guarantee you that problem will solved
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
it's software glitch only .....may you simply update software by using mobile data or wifi each time where actually and recommended process is install software via smart switch
0 Likes
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
defently slove your problem visits service center bro
0 Likes
abhinavc02
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
i know samsung will defend itself here on community so that more people buy S series. Clearly as its too late for them to reverse the manufacturing fault. But guys trust me i was great fan follower of samsung because of their breakthrough in the technology like 3K screen with 500+PPI,wireless charging bothways etc. But these fancy features comes into place only when your phone can meet the basics. Clearly the exynos(cheaper asian solution) instead of snapdragon and known moisture detected issue in port are eventually roasting the entire phone. Still the market value of this phone is 50 Grands. I dont think its wise for anyone to buy a phone with known port issue which needs a motherboard replacement of 22 Grands as port is non detachable.
THE SAMSUNG EXPERT WONT ACCEPT THEIR MISTAKE BECAUSE THEN THEY LL ACTUALLY HAVE TO WORK AND FIX THE ISSUE.
Device IMEI: 354622100769218
i used to love samsung, but now i am aware that they have some crazzy marketing strategy for S series user to keep charging them even after this kind of heavy purchase payment. else why would they pet this known error/issue
0 Likes