Original topic:

S10 getting hot while charging

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 10:52 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
My samsung galaxy s10 gets hot while charging and during playing games like pubg. I felt like the metal frame is getting more hotter that the front and back. I feels little concerned when its is getting hot. Even its charger is 15w its getting hotter and its charging speed very slow, even samsung claim it as fast charger. I was in a hope of getting 25w charger support for s10 and now my device is not able to handle a 15w charger.... i lost the hope... i love this device but these things are making me disappointed in samsung. I think Samsung is busy with launching new device every week. 
16 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
if you use case playing games them stop it immediately and remove the case while playing the games
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
i'm using a table fan while playing games...😁 I'm using the case came with the device and i use to remove it if i feels the device is hotter than normal
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If your Galaxy S10 is overheating, this could indicate a serious issue that needs to be taken care of right away using certain troubleshooting methods. Henry Nicholls/Reuters

It's normal for your Samsung Galaxy S10 to get warm when playing games or performing other processor-intensive activities.If your Galaxy phone gets unusually hot in routine use, it might be caused by corrupted software or data.Follow these troubleshooting steps to resolve your phone's overheating issues
If your phone gets warm when you play a graphics-intensive game or watch a video for an extended period of time, and cools down again afterwards, there's probably no cause for concern. 

But if it seems to get uncomfortably warm in normal use, there may be a problem. Here are some tips for solving overheating problems and keeping your phone as cool as possible. 

Phone cases can trap heat, and in some cases — especially if thick and bulky — are more likely to make your phone unnaturally warm. If you find that your phone is getting hot, especially when it's charging, try removing it from the case and see if that solves the problem. 
Whenever you're troubleshooting a problem with your phone, you'll invariably encounter advice to restart it. Turning your phone off and back on again can flush out a misbehaving app or corrupted data. You can turn simply turn off your phone and then restart it, or perform a soft reset.
Use Safe Mode to see if a buggy app is responsible
If you've installed a buggy app, it might force your phone's processor to over-extend itself, which can both make it run hot and run down the battery faster than usual. 

One way to see if this is the culprit is to boot your phone into so-called "Safe Mode," which prevents third-party downloaded apps from running. 

If your phone doesn't overheat in Safe Mode but does ordinarily, you can try uninstalling recently downloaded apps until you find the one causing problems. 

Here is how to boot into Safe Mode:

1. Hold the Power button on the side of the phone until the Power Off button appear.

2. Tap and hold "Power Off" for a second or two until the Safe Mode button appears. 

3. Tap "Safe mode" and let the phone restart.

4. Use the phone in Safe mode to assess if it's overheating. When you restart the phone, let it boot in normal mode

'Why does my Samsung Galaxy S10 get hot?': 5 ways to troubleshoot your Galaxy S10 if it's overheatingDave Johnson Nov 4, 2019, 3:53 PM

If your Galaxy S10 is overheating, this could indicate a serious issue that needs to be taken care of right away using certain troubleshooting methods. Henry Nicholls/Reuters

It's normal for your Samsung Galaxy S10 to get warm when playing games or performing other processor-intensive activities.If your Galaxy phone gets unusually hot in routine use, it might be caused by corrupted software or data.Follow these troubleshooting steps to resolve your phone's overheating issues. Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

It's not unusual for a phone like the Samsung Galaxy S10 to occasionally get warm to the touch. It has a fast processor and graphics chip, as well as memory and a battery — and unlike traditional computers, has no way to actively cool itself, such as with a fan. 

Check out the products mentioned in this article:Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy)How to troubleshoot your Samsung Galaxy S10 if it's overheatingIf your Samsung Galaxy S10 overheats during normal use, there could be an underlying issue. Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider

If your phone gets warm when you play a graphics-intensive game or watch a video for an extended period of time, and cools down again afterwards, there's probably no cause for concern. 

But if it seems to get uncomfortably warm in normal use, there may be a problem. Here are some tips for solving overheating problems and keeping your phone as cool as possible. 
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I'm not using any bulky case... and i also thought of resetting the device but i have a app configured in phone which i need while working. its hard to reconfigurs that app
.. on normal usage its not getting that hot... it only when charging and during gaming
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Clear cache from advance mode
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
will it remove apps installed??
0 Likes
Galaxy S
No
Galaxy S