Original topic:

S10 charging slow

(Topic created on: 04-23-2020 02:27 AM)
pras7007
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Guys, my s10 is 5 months old, i have observed that my s10 charging very slow from last 2 weeks. It takes 2 hrs to 2 and half hrs for full charge from 20% to 100%. Earlier it used to take avg 1 hr 15 to 30 mins. 
It is shows fast charging alwyas on lockscreen but estimated time untill full disappers after few % charg and come backs and again goes off. Using orginal samsung s10 charger working perfect on other phones.

Checked with other fast charger with same voltage, tried with soft restart, cache partition, charged on switch off mode, done with *#0228#. Updatesd software and all apps.
Nothing has changed so far. 

Have observed this issue after last 2 OTA updates. Very disappointing after spending huge amount on this flagship. #FailedFlagship #SamsungSlowCharging
11 Comments
TheRabidCrow
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Sounds more like a cable or even a charger issue. Or even the board its drawing power from.
0 Likes
pras7007
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
i have 2 fast type C chargers both are working perfect on other smartphone.
0 Likes
AbhishekPriya
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
bro it's temperature effects try to put the phone on cool temperature.
Due to outer temperature all device slow the charging rate to avoid battery damage.
you just try to keep phone below 38°C and above 10°C it will work perfectly.
deepak0099
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
same issue is there with me and I believe with many of users. When charge completion time is not visible it will take more to charge. Don't know why it is go and how to resolve this It starts happening after last update.
0 Likes
ganeshk94
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
same issues here. Reason is Because of recent update . It will be fixed with upcoming software update
0 Likes
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Here's is the issue, I am also a S10 Plus user. First of all since last 3 Updates, this new heating problem has aroused in this device. While charging now the device gets more heated compared to earlier, therefore when device starts heating phone has to protect the battery which in result slows down the charging speed. You are not alone facing this. Expect a fix in next update.
0 Likes
pras7007
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
how we can confirm this? samsung even know this issue exists.. i did not find users are raising same issue on this forum.
0 Likes
Techie87
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
same issue with all S10 users after update..
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Follow the below steps to resolve your issue:-

1. We always recommend to use genuine Samsung charger for charging your device.
2. Check physical condition of USB cable, if any tear or bent please replace it with the new genuine one.

If issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung members app (Samsung Member > Get help > send feedback > Ask question/Error report)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes