Original topic:

S10 battery life to the drain

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 01:30 PM)
imsrivatsa
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
My S10 hardly gets 2.5 hours of screen on time for a complete 100% charge.
The phone does get warm most part of the day.
There were days earlier in 2019 with Android P when I literally got over 6 hours of screen on time with no warming with around 1hour of Asphalt 9 in high graphics using only 20% battery. Asphalt 9 now uses 50% battery for 1 hour of gameplay.
Idle battery drain is also so horrible loosing 20% overnight.
I have tried factory reset of the phone, *#0228#* to reset the battery guage, used in safe mode with airplane mode on for 2 whole days. The results are still the same. It has only gotten horrible after the Android 11 upgrade.

Anybody has ideas I can try?
I don't believe this to be an old battery issue but more to do with software optimisation.

17 Comments
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Try "AccuBattery" for a few days, it will evaluate your battery status and gives you the current battery capacity (Would likely be low depending on number of charge cycles you've burned through the last few years)
0 Likes
imsrivatsa
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thank you. I have accubattery installed. Let me see the battery health after a few charge-discharge cycles.
0 Likes
imsrivatsa
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
My battery health is 82% now in AccuBattery.
Estimated capacity is 2722mAH after 2 0-100% charge cycles.
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yes, it usually takes quite a few more cycles to get a relatively accurate estimate. I have used it for 4 years on my old phone (S8) and I've noticed the capacity dropped by about ~10% a year.

I would recommend considering a battery swap if it falls below 75-80% since you would notice a significant enough difference with a new battery
imsrivatsa
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hi
It has been a few days now and several charge cycles, the battery health now shows 84%. I have half a mind to flash the stock ROM preferably Android 10 (when I saw 6hr+ sot without heating) and monitor for some days and then probably flash android 11 again and monitor.
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
You may try so, but I recommend caution as you may end up triggering the Knox flag sometimes even if flashing an official ROM (It happened to me)
0 Likes
imsrivatsa
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Oh thanks for the heads up
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for your inconvenience. To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes