Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S10 battery drain after android 12

(Topic created on: 01-29-2022 07:34 PM)
Rashmikadn
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Updated my os few days ago. And I've experienced fast battery drain since after.
Very fast battery drain when phone in idle. 
(50% when sleeping and in the morning the phone has been off @0% battery)
But it doesn't happen then phone is power off.

Any one experiencing similar issue. Because i won't to ensure if its the problem with OS or my phone battery.
*Galaxy s10

5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
snowrisesback
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Some apps run in the background without you even knowing it, causing unnecessary Android battery drain. Also be sure to check your screen brightness. ... Some apps start to cause surprising battery drain after an update. The only option is to wait for the developer to fix the issue.
Plz click on three dots in the top corner and accept my comment as an answer

View solution in context

Solution
ĒDITH
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I've updated my S10 to Android 12 and have no issues. I Guess you might get a good idea if you fully reset your device and leave it idle for few hours without installing any apps(May be at Night). So you can get a clear idea whether it's a hardware issue or a software malfunction.

[Hey snow, by the way if you see any value within my comment please accept it as an answer. Thanks.]

View solution in context

Solution
kavishkacreed
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Use your device for few days and wait to complete few charging cycles and it will automatically resolved as most newer chips uses intelligent battery management.
Or
Calibrate your S10 battery and see it helps
Check youtube for the guide
"Galaxy S10 Battery Calibration"
Hope it helps ❤

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy S
Bro, the fastest way to fix the issue is a factory reset. If u are reluctant, wait a few days, do daily restarts and things may begin to settle.

You could also try booting into recovery mode and doing a cache partition reset. It doesn't delete ur data, don't worry. If u need a guide let me know, or just google it.

Hope you figure it out soon

If my comment helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊😊

View solution in context

Solution
Galaxy S
Hey bro try these settings on your phone 📲
1.go to the power saving mood then you can see 3 things on it. On these settings
*limit CPU speed to 70%
*decrease brightness by 10%
*limit apps and home screen
2.use dark mood
3.use brightness level between 0%-30%
4.turn off Auto rotation
5.If you use mobite data change to the wifi
6.turn off bluetooth and some unused options.
7.if you have lot of unused apps, zip or sleep these apps

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
snowrisesback
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Some apps run in the background without you even knowing it, causing unnecessary Android battery drain. Also be sure to check your screen brightness. ... Some apps start to cause surprising battery drain after an update. The only option is to wait for the developer to fix the issue.
Plz click on three dots in the top corner and accept my comment as an answer
Solution
ĒDITH
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I've updated my S10 to Android 12 and have no issues. I Guess you might get a good idea if you fully reset your device and leave it idle for few hours without installing any apps(May be at Night). So you can get a clear idea whether it's a hardware issue or a software malfunction.

[Hey snow, by the way if you see any value within my comment please accept it as an answer. Thanks.]
Solution
kavishkacreed
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Use your device for few days and wait to complete few charging cycles and it will automatically resolved as most newer chips uses intelligent battery management.
Or
Calibrate your S10 battery and see it helps
Check youtube for the guide
"Galaxy S10 Battery Calibration"
Hope it helps ❤
Solution
Galaxy S
Bro, the fastest way to fix the issue is a factory reset. If u are reluctant, wait a few days, do daily restarts and things may begin to settle.

You could also try booting into recovery mode and doing a cache partition reset. It doesn't delete ur data, don't worry. If u need a guide let me know, or just google it.

Hope you figure it out soon

If my comment helped you in any way, please consider hitting the 3 dot menu and accepting my answer as a solution.

Thanks 😊😊
Solution
Galaxy S
Hey bro try these settings on your phone 📲
1.go to the power saving mood then you can see 3 things on it. On these settings
*limit CPU speed to 70%
*decrease brightness by 10%
*limit apps and home screen
2.use dark mood
3.use brightness level between 0%-30%
4.turn off Auto rotation
5.If you use mobite data change to the wifi
6.turn off bluetooth and some unused options.
7.if you have lot of unused apps, zip or sleep these apps
NisithaD
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
... optimize device apps ....