Original topic:

S10 Lite not detecting default charger and cable after recent update

(Topic created on: 09-25-2020 07:31 PM)
HSSandhu
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
After the recent update my device is not detecting  The charger and cable provided in the Box thus I am not able to charge the phone using them. In order to check if there is a problem with the port I tried the charger and cable of different phone and the phone started charging even if it's turned off it still charges with the other charging cable.

Now there's a twist you might be thinking that the charger and cable that came in the Box is bad well no because the other phone started charging with the Samsung cable and charger it means there is nothing wrong with it so to conclude the Samsung cable and charger can charge any other phone as of now but not the S10 light and Aston light gets charged with any other cable and charger but not with the Samsung charger and cable seems like a bug to me because if  its hardware the phone would not charge at all I think this needs to be looked into let me know if you are facing this problem as well. 

Video 1: Redmi note 8 pro getting charged with the S10lite default charger and cable. 

Video 2: S10 lite not getting charged with default charger and cable but getting charged with Vivo default charger and cable. 

Note we used the Vivo's charger to trace issue and see if there is problem with the port only.

I am in touch with customer care and will take steps like reset settings, safe mode etc.

Will keep you posted.

In case you are able to find a solution, please do ping.

Stay safe.

Video 1: S10 Lite not getting charged with default charger but does with Vivo's charger

Video 2: Redmi Note 8 Pro getting charged with Samsung default charger and cable.

0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Go to safe mode and try to charge it through your default charger.

Or you can check your charging issue through members app. Go to phone care and check status. There is an option for charging test.
0 Likes
HSSandhu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
tested that, from interactive checks the vivo charger gets registered but bot the Samsung one.

will try Safe mode and factory reset as well. will keep the forum posted.
HSSandhu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Finally doing the factory reset the charger started getting detected. But fast charging not happening.
0 Likes
HSSandhu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
cleared the cache partition as well
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your charging related issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/battery-not-charged-charging-related-issue/#:~:tex...

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
rockingflash
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Please visit the service centre and ask them to check the phone. They will most probably change the charging socket board and the issue will be resolved. If the phone is in warranty you will be in benefit. Or else you will have to pay a small amount of around 2200INR maybe.
All the best!
0 Likes