Original topic:

S10 Lite Screen Trails

(Topic created on: 06-05-2020 04:35 PM)
HSSandhu
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi All,

Here is another problem that I have seen with the S10 Liite. See if you have that too.

I have had made a detailed review, but coming up with a review on the screen only this weekend.
Stay tuned.

For The Love Of Gadgest
9 Comments
YouSeeCR7
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Iam using s10plus only on dark mode it happens why I don't know I think it is not an issue
0 Likes
ixso
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The reason is Amoled powers pixels individually so when you scroll those pixels are re powering which is why it will show color lag .Samsung, Apple, and LG use PWM in combination with Analog brightness control to reduce flicker on their OLED screen for smartphones.Low refresh rate (below 60Hz) display or low refresh rate videos can also add flicker. Another factor is scrolling or fast animations on low refresh rate displays. other Manufacturers Oneplus,xiaomi ,oppo,Realme use DC dimming in their devices with AMOLED displays.

It is something normal, do not worry. This is a common problem in amoled screens.
it is more of a thing with Amoled screens and low brightness.
0 Likes
HSSandhu
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
to you it may not be, but it really feels bad and low quality at times it gets worse. As far other devices, K20, Z1X, Realme XT I have never seen this happening. This is what you get after paying 42 K is certainly questionable.
0 Likes
ixso
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It happens only when screen is very close to minimum brightness and The background is true dark black. it does not happen if you increased the brightness level little bit.

You must understand the science behind this technology.

AMOLED is capable of true black because it does not have a backlight and the pixels turn off completely when displaying black.
when you are scrolling and part of the screen goes from black to not-black, the black shape will briefly grow in size as the pixels behind it take time to fill in.
This is typical AMOLED behavior.

why do you think every smartphone manufacturer wants Amoled screen in their expensive flagship phones?

Amoled consume significantly less power than IPS panels.It is also very expensive.The technology keeps improving, so there will be less to complain about as time goes on.
If you still feel that you've been cheated then beautiful Amoled screen is not for you dear.
0 Likes
Bishal98366
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
In my s10 plus it doesnt happen
0 Likes
UserName006
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
the same issue it happens in my s10lite too😢
Sreeram7
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
we can notice this most when we watch something on Netflix or youtube in the night with low brightness, it's just disappointing
satyajit16
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
i have the same problem
0 Likes
Members_GyaftdJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm  using s10 lite and experiencing  same issue.

In dark mode and low brightness  . It's  really  disappointing  what you get after you pay 42k on a smartphone  .

0 Likes