Original topic:

S Voice / Bixby & UI8.5 on S7/S7Edge.

(Topic created on: 11-15-2017 12:34 AM)
PrabhuK
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Since the realease of Bixby I haven't showed any attention to S Voice. Maybe it was due to lack of it's features or just inferior to other AI's out there. But recently I wanted to see whether if it still works. After I launched the app and look at the menu everything kinda looked the same. So, I tried to open it up through hands fee mode (using earphone or while sitting on home screen by calling 'Hi Galaxy') but there was no answer. I thought I should setup my voice in the settings (and I did set it up). Even though there is no luck, S Voice still did not launch in handsfree mode. Also, it gave me an error stating that I was not able to read my contact list inorder to call someone.

So my guess is Samsung is going to remove S Voice completly from their list and replace it Bixby (Well if that's the case then we S7/S7 Edge,S6/S6 edge, S5,Note 5, Some Variants of J series & C Series users, would have got this feature by now).

So here is my request to Dev team. Either focus on integrating Google Voice assistant deep into the OS like we see in Motorola, HTC, LG & Pixel or just push the Bixby update to other flagship and mid range. Since few of your features are like half baked or to say: incomplete it would be much better if you stop making clones of Google apps (S planner, messaging, My Galaxy (ugh!!!), Email (seems good but still) etc).

Anyway, for now I'll be using the Google assistant. It's much better and smarter. But I really want to try Bixby. So, please release the update Samsung. How hard will it be just to push the update? Also, pleas give us Samsung 8.5 experience. I'm using Nova prime(for 3 years) but still, I want to try that one too.
8 Comments
matrix
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
one bixbi was never made to replace GA
they work in harmony since they all have their quirks
GA excels in speedy answers from the web and it wipes the floor with bixbi in that regard
BUT
when in comes to deep integration with the samsung system bixbi can do alot of stuff that GA cannot do
bixbi is just in its infancy and the very fact that it can go amano to amano against something thats been out for over a year now shows its potential
you dont even have s8 right ? so how do you know bixbi is trash if youve never tried it do your home work or stop complaining bacause out of the people that actually have tried it almost 75% had good feedback about it
dont get me wrong it has room for improvement but thats true for every AI assistant out there
0 Likes
PrabhuK
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I wasn't trashing on Bixby. I was saying that S Voice is no longer working (partially working) on my device & was expecting Bixby to arrive sooner. I know that Bixby is great as it was demonstrated by Linus, in his channel. I am asking why haven't they released it into older flagship devices (also to the other line ups). Also, if you have seen pixel devices the integration in them is a lot more than any other flagships out there (MKBHS had shown it in his channel). So, please calm down and don't be that 'fanboy'(I know how it feels when some says something against the ones you use), have an open mind.
0 Likes
PrabhuK
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Plus, do we really need an extra button to wake up bixby? I think opening the app using a guesture is a better opting than keeping a seperate button on the device (anyway it's now remapable to open 3rd party apps so... that's great).
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you for sharing your concern. We would like to inform you that Bixby is not available in the requested device as it is depend on device hardware specification.
Samsung constantly works towards bringing-out the best updates incorporating the latest technology along with great features. However, updates are released through FOTA in waves only, so we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We will notify you any update in this regard via FOTA. We appreciate your loyalty, thanks for sharing your concerns with the Community!

Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
jack1234
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
ohhhh no bixby
in the face
0 Likes
aashid
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
samsung s7 edge has a powerful hardware
0 Likes
Arghya101
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
samsung can give bixby update to s7 n s7 edge. it's a poweful device. do it pls samsung
0 Likes
techniek
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
s7 with google camera potrait mode
https://youtu.be/FNPhz7y_JrI
0 Likes