Original topic:

S 22 Ultra design saddens me

(Topic created on: 03-23-2022 12:27 AM)
Nivedhitha
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Please tell me that I am not alone! I am an ardent Galaxy S user and I love it for everything espescially for its curves! I absolutey HATE that its gone now. The S pen could have still been a part of it without the design changing or at least the S22+ could have had the Ultra specs without the featuring the pen. I could not upgrade my S21U to the S22U now and the S22+ would be a downgrade :( I was so eagerly waiting for the S22 series only get my heart broken. Hurts to be disapointed with my home brand! Comment below if anyone shares my feelings! It would soothe me some.
10 Comments
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Except for the s pen and telephoto lens,s22 plus is not a downgrade.
Nivedhitha
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It feels a like a step down from my 256 gigs of storage, 12 gigs of RAM (though the virtual RAM is a factor I don't think it's a compensation for the solid 12gigs) the cameras both rear and the front are of lesser pixels... Arguably with better sensors on the S22+ but yet... Feels like a compromise. The only good thing about the new ones is the Qualcomm chipset. I am glad Samsung finally did that.
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Cameras on s22plus except the telephoto lens are better than the s21u,due to sensors, optimisation and the isp of sd chip. Wrt storage you can get 8 and 256. But hey,if you want 12gig then s22u is the only option, although experts have been telling it time and again that 8gb is enough and 12 plus gb rams are an overkill.

Nb: I personally won't recommend upgrading your flagship device every year. It's a waste of money and resources. Flagships are atleast to be used for 3 years(yeah no rule).
Nivedhitha
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Agreed! 12 GB may be an overkill but paying to throw away 4gigs didn't feel like a good deal. Plus I really didn't want the S22U... I love the S22plus and the S22 design but I wish they weren't a compromise from my S21U
User28
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Count me in. I was using Samsung phones since the Tizen Os. Samsung Champ model. I got the S10 in 2019 and since then every year I was heart broken and disappointed to see them release flagships with Exynos. At last this year I got the S22U as it is with SD chipset now.
Nivedhitha
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Absolutely! I am all in for the SD chipset! But then I just couldn't get myself to hold a squared off S phone😐
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Same. Skipping the S22U this year. I have the S21U as well and the design is one of the main reasons I am keeping it. S22U has mixed camera results while S21U shots are consistent. And then there's the reduced battery backup, heating and throttling issues in the S22U lol. Just the S-pen alone is not a good enough reason for me to upgrade because I have the S21U S-pen as well!
Nivedhitha
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
🙌🙌 Yeah!!!
0 Likes
Nivedhitha
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
👍🙌 Exactly! Feels good to know that I am not alone!! Hope Samsung takes this into consideration and makes a device that makes both note and S users happy!