Original topic:

Routines/Modes with OneUI 5.1 ruined

(Topic created on: 02-22-2023 05:01 PM)
thanos
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
After the modes got introduced, Samsung tried to copy apple which they failed to do so. The introduction of modes just ruined the already good routines. I cannot manually start/stop routines for time based routines which was an option earlier. There are so many bugs with routines after OneUI 5.1 update. These routines won't work properly. 

I have a routine to bump up the brightness for viewing videos. But when I'm not watching videos it will still be bright, need to manually disable it.

The unlock with biometrics if turned off in routines won't turn back on automatically after the routines is stopped. Why is Samsung not working on these bugs and experimenting/copying things from others?
9 Comments
Chaudhary
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
May be bugs are there in routines, but you can still schedule routines based on time. I have morning and night routine for the same. I am also using work mode while at work. Everything is working perfectly except 5g doesn't get auto enabled in the morning with morning routine.
0 Likes
thanos
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I wanted to keep phone on vibrate while on work but I don't have that option.

Moreover my experience is with biometrics not getting enabled back while it is not running. And for brightness, it is intermittent
0 Likes
Chaudhary
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I am using the same mode to keep my phone on vibrate..use work mode...cant say for biometric as i dont use it
0 Likes
tripsmani
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Idhar battery life ruin ho gi...modes and routines kya cheez hai...
0 Likes
thanos
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
You can clear phone cache as the battery life doesn't seem to be affected to most of the users
0 Likes
tripsmani
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I always clear system cache after an update....
Battery life is not effected much but its a little less than before....
But phone us way smoother than before
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > support> tap on error repot > type your query > send).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
thanos
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Have already reported
0 Likes
shanth2511
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
It's really irritating this modes doesn't seem to work at all. Everything is screwed up. Had a very good experience with OnePlus on this front.
Even after hiding notifications for some apps in modes still it shows up. Not sure what to do to fix this
0 Likes