Original topic:

Ridiculous Battery Drain on One UI 3.0 on S10+

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 10:16 PM)
MaanSinghVijay
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I was previously on beta for 1ui 3.0. Battery life was horrendous but I hoped that it was being a beta, the stable version might alleviate the problem. Last month my device got the stable update, battery life didn't get better, samsung recalled 3.0 update from 
The s10 plus line up so I hoped may be in next security update they will fix it. 

Feb month security update hit my device, I update and guess what, battery life has become egregious. I start the day 100 percent and at 5 PM, I have 20 percent left with very low usage, no games, no intense tasks thrown at the phone.

I am always using battery saver mode and have only allowed background activity to very limited number of apps only, don't keep the location services enabled unless I need them, so I am using the phone in a very suppressed capacity being always afraid that battery will run out very quickly if I use it heavily. Previously also I have given feedback to Samsung and gave necessary details to entail the issue. 

It was ok on one UI 2.5, not great but ok but I am seriously disappointed as we purchase these flagships in india with shitty Exynos processors and get such shitty battery life on these devices amd on top of that Samsung does not put amy special efforts to optimise the battery life for consumers. 
11 Comments
IcyJay30
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
looks like every update brings device closer to 'planned obsolescence'. 😃
Galaxy S
They troll Apple at every opportunity but sure as hell follow their footsteps nowadays a lot.
Galaxy S
Did you reset the phone after the update? I am getting decent battery after reset
Galaxy S
full reset?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes I get 1 day's battery on 2 active SIMs.
A-
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Try these steps :

A) Bro First Clear Cache Partition of your phone..Always do it after every update .

1. Turn off your phone
2. Press Volume up and power button at the same time .
3. Keep it pressed until samsung logo appears on your phone.
4. Then a list of your options will come on your phone..
Go to Clear Cache Partition option by navigating through volume buttons.
5. After selecting Clear Cache Partition option,then click power button once.
6. Once Cache is cleared you will be taken to first option..Then again click power button to restart the phone.

B) Restart your device in safe mode once and check your device for the issue.
you can enter safe mode by long pressing On power off menu.

C) If possible do a factory reset.

Bro Always FACTORY RESET your phone after every update .

1. Turn off your phone
2. Press Volume up and power button at the same time .
3. Keep it pressed until samsung logo appears on your phone.
4. Then a list of your options will come on your phone..
Go to FACTORY RESET option by navigating through volume buttons.
5. After selecting Factory Reset option,then click power button once.
6. Once Reset is done you will be taken to first option..Then again click power button to restart the phone.

If it helped you with your problem you can accept it as solution by clicking on the 3 dots at my comment.
Galaxy S
I always clear the cache partition in recovery bro but it didn't make any difference and although I will do a reset this time but wiping my phone clean every month is not a viable option, I have a lot of stuff in my phone, it is quite hectic not to mention time cosuming to back up the whole phone and then put it back again.
A-
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh..
Agreed 👍it is not possible to FACTORY RESET device frequently.

How did you update your device to ONE UI 3 ,by smart switch or by using mobile data or WiFi to download the OTA update.?
please reply.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I updated via OTA using WiFi.
0 Likes