Original topic:

Reviewing the S10 One Ui 2.0 Beta

(Topic created on: 10-23-2019 02:08 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
So I was bored enough to actually first flash the DBT build, then use adb to sideload the beta onto my phone. Yes, now I have android 10 running on my s10 & no it's not as cool as y'all think. 

Firstly, the gestures, currently only work with the Samsung stock launcher. They work 8/10 times & glitch out the other 2 times. 

Secondly, if any of you were using the gestures before, going back to the android 9 gestures is also painful as you can't swipe up from the right side of the phone to go back when the keyboard is open. 

Battery life currently for me atleast is terrible. I've lost 14% overnight & am down to 72% battery with 30 mins of SOT. 

The new camera ui is what it used to look like back when grace ux was a thing. Nothing crazy going on there. 

The new edge lighting modes are cool, but I think edge lighting + will have them in a bit. 

Smart reply doesn't work yet. 

But, you cna get dark mode everything now which is kinda cool. 

All in all as much as you maybe hyped to update your phone to the latest & greatest, atleast the beta 1 is far from it. Save yourselves & don't update now. I too will shortly be reverting back to the ASIG build which is the latest one in India. 

13 Comments
Pravs10
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
first you need to flash DBT AS11 (latest buld in germany with october security patch)Firmware using odin then you can sideload the beta update .
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
What @Pravs10 just said. Download the firmware using the frija tool, flash the DBT firmware. Make sure to that while selecting the CSC file you choose Home CSC in odin. Once that's done, then boot into recovery & use adb sideload to get the update.zip. That's what I did
0 Likes
Nikhilajayk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
oh alright . thank god call recording exists. else I'd just get the iphone 11
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Oh & also, Netflix doesn't work with the beta
0 Likes