Original topic:

Reviewing the S10 One Ui 2.0 Beta

(Topic created on: 10-23-2019 02:08 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
So I was bored enough to actually first flash the DBT build, then use adb to sideload the beta onto my phone. Yes, now I have android 10 running on my s10 & no it's not as cool as y'all think. 

Firstly, the gestures, currently only work with the Samsung stock launcher. They work 8/10 times & glitch out the other 2 times. 

Secondly, if any of you were using the gestures before, going back to the android 9 gestures is also painful as you can't swipe up from the right side of the phone to go back when the keyboard is open. 

Battery life currently for me atleast is terrible. I've lost 14% overnight & am down to 72% battery with 30 mins of SOT. 

The new camera ui is what it used to look like back when grace ux was a thing. Nothing crazy going on there. 

The new edge lighting modes are cool, but I think edge lighting + will have them in a bit. 

Smart reply doesn't work yet. 

But, you cna get dark mode everything now which is kinda cool. 

All in all as much as you maybe hyped to update your phone to the latest & greatest, atleast the beta 1 is far from it. Save yourselves & don't update now. I too will shortly be reverting back to the ASIG build which is the latest one in India. 

13 Comments
jrbsins
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
thank for review. video would be appreciated for any feedback post.
Nikhilajayk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I wish to stick with the older gestures. did samsung screw that up ?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
It honestly feels like that. I had to switch to the new ones just because unless the app I was using had a back button I couldn't go back if I was typing. It's pretty irritating actually
nanavati1
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
option to retain old gestures is there I think..
0 Likes
Nikhilajayk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
let's hope that gets fixed. what about call recoding ? android 10 has completely blocked it. pixel devices cannot record it anymore. also it would be great if you could let me know if samsung pay & good lock is working.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Call recording seems to working. Samsung pay, Google pay & paytm are working too. I flashed the update & reset my phone, I think that's got something to do with this. I haven't tried goodlock yet. Did try edge lighting + & that didn't seem to work properly.
0 Likes
billa1989
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
None of the Good Lock apps are working for me.
0 Likes
billa1989
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
BTW I did not flash and all, since mine is Unlocked from Germany. Meanwhile I hope that I get a good build for my S9+ in India...
0 Likes
sonuvns
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
hi SameSam... i was trying to sideload the germany beta but every time the sideload gets aborted at 47% and i get this system error 7 .... did u get it as well? what can I do?
0 Likes