Original topic:

Resolved!!! green line on S20+

(Topic created on: 07-12-2022 06:00 AM)
chin613
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

Today morning 11th of july 2022, all of sudden my phone showing green vertical line.

Can anyone please suggest me what to do with this issue, I tried restarting which couldn't resolved.

I bought this phone 2 years back and never dropped or never in contact with water.

Last week on 5th of july there was one security update, which I updated.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-11 at 10.20.29 AM.jpeg

77 Comments
jefff
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

Would you also share images of the frame preferred on the green line sides, which is top and bottom, most likely bottom 

Galaxy S
Guys please watch this & be aware of this issue before you buy new flagship smartphones of Samsung

Current Position of Samsung S series & especially the S20 plus phones.

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We request you to kindly visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Simplyneel
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Hey Samsung, i seriously doubt your commitment towards your customers. I visited the service center and they say there shouldn't be any physical damage to the device as I have a minor crack at the back panel and not so prominent dent on frame.. I have used my device for more than 2 years now. And i am facing this green line issue after android 13 update suddenly out of the blue.

If it's well known and established problem on S20+ displays why are you putting such term and conditions which has nothing to do with this problem. My screen is perfectly fine. And there is no link to the green line on the screen to the minor cracked back panel.

When i contacted customer care the supervisor had no manners to talk to. I have been a long term user with note 8 as one of my previous devices. Now i see this problem in newer devices also. I have saved screenshots. I seriously doubt your reliability. 

Replace my screen unconditionally for the problems created by you not me. I was considering a switch to newer models but seeing the current pathetic situation of your devices and services i will not be doing that now.

Members_T42t2C7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

what will they do there ?

like onePlus and vivo will they replace for free  ?

because i can see many service centers are huge money for this

people will definitely choose another brand

I CAN SEE SAMSUNG LOOSING CUSTOMERS 

chin613
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Resolved!!!!
I visited Samsung service center on monday 18th july. They replaced screen and battery free of cost.
It took 3 days to complete the repair and approval process.

Note: anyone else who is facing the same issue give it a try to go to service center. They will also check if there is any other damage or not to phone.
0 Likes
SatinderBh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Sir

They just simple a so called policy of wear and tear and wrt. How is this possible that phone doesn't have wear and tear with 2 years of usage
Galaxy S
Guys please watch this & be aware of this issue before you buy new flagship smartphones of Samsung

Current Position of Samsung S series & especially the S20 plus phones.

https://youtu.be/a6xMfYEE_0U
deepika2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Is your phone out of warranty by that day?
0 Likes
chin613
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes..it is out of warranty.
0 Likes