Original topic:

Removal of Charger for saving planet or to grab more profit

(Topic created on: 05-16-2022 09:41 PM)
Suren03
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Removing features what smartphones already had is becoming a trend among smart phone companies. This a bad move for consumers like us! But as a business organisation, they are making profit out of it saying as if they are helping environment.

Some countries have ordered that smartphone companies should issue all the accessories which is required to use a phone. And companies are issuing all the accessories in those countries.

But in India, nobody cares, and people just buying it without evening asking any questions. We should take some move to make companies to give the same features they were giving before!

How many people support this?
5 Comments
Galaxy S
See, it is not like people in India don't care. We Indians, have the mindset to get the best of best at an affordable price. So everyone does want a charger in all boxes. I also want the charger.
0 Likes
Suren03
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Not only India, many countries didn't take any move on this issue, becoz we have lot of bigger issue than this.

But I believe one of the country in south America and some European country made a rule on this, that the charger have to be included! Nothing against our people!
0 Likes
User28
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
It is not that people don't care. Most of the people who buy a smart phone honestly expect a charger. Removing a charger in the name of saving the planet is definitely a gimmick. Nothing more. Even if they sell charger separately, they need to make separate packing. Ship those separately. Which means they have to make double the packing and have to use double the fuel to ship the chargers. Meaning wasting resources again. So how is this saving the planet? And did they reduce the cost of the smartphone if the charger is not included? Nope...so this is all marketing gimmick. I am strictly against removing the charger.
0 Likes
Suren03
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It seems like people getting offended by my words saying people don't care.

I understand everyone cares for their purchase, but we need to take action for the government to intervene and make a standard policy for their companies to satisfy people's needs.
0 Likes
Suren03
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It seems like Apple and Samsung has been fined for not providing a charger in box
0 Likes