Original topic:

Regarding new S20FE 5G quality control

(Topic created on: 08-14-2022 11:16 PM)
SammysGalaxy
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I recently bought a brand new S20FE 5g fromSamsung Shop app. I thought buying a new phone from official vendor would be safer than those refurbished units circulating on Amazon. The unit was sealed properly but to my surprise there were dust present on the unit. I don't know how is that possible. But I thought whatever it's brand new. After installing some updates the battery started draining very quickly as Samsung tells that it is optimising the phone at the beginning. Just to be sure I installed an app called "Phone info+" to check whether my unit wasrefurbished or what.. It showed that the phone is refurbished. But I didn't trust that app completely so I downloadedAccuBattery Pro from playstore and started to check the battery health of my phone. I found it out to be 88 percent based on couple of full cycle charges. Now I am at a dilemma whether to keep the unit or ask for a new one.  I have around 9 days to decide. So I wanted to know the health of the battery of a new S20FE 5G user if any ? Please comment as soon as possible how much is the SOT on your phone based on how much your use case and how many times do you charge your phone??
Then there is also the case of localised heating near the camera. Suddenly it heats up on simple tasks. I don't even play games or use Ram intensive apps...

39 Comments
Addy1712
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This is a serious issue bro does u contact samsung shop app
0 Likes
SammysGalaxy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Do you own a S20FE 5G... If so can you confirm your battery health by downloading AccuBattery in Play Store or even AnTuTu Benchmark..... I don't want to speculate but can this be a software limitations via update as the summer season is going on an the battery is restricted...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
There 3rd party readings are not trustworthy, As far as SOT is concerned your are getting pretty good battery performance. If you still are in dilemma whether to trust the phone or 3rd party apps, visit the service center and they will tell you exactly the truth.
SammysGalaxy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Actually Samsung has disabled the RTN settings. If I could check it myself then it wouldn't be an issue. On top of that I live near a rural area so service centre is a bit far away...
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have S20FE 5g too, and I am using it for past 8 months I guess and I don't see any problem here. As far as disabling RTN Settings goes, If you already know that , it explains itself that those apps have no idea what they are telling the users.
SammysGalaxy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hey it's good to know...How much SOT do you get on your phone including screen off? Just wanted to ask also is there sudden heating near the camera after the recent update??
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
It was manufactured in April, there's no way it can have 88% battery health. Also, what's your stand on the dust particles inside? Service centre will obviously tell in the favour of samsung, everyone knows that.
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

I think it is accurate to some extent since it tracks it based on charging current. (I could be wrong)

Mine is at 3929 mAh (just 2 months old), and another person I know has 4229 mAh (bought probably around 1.5 weeks ago).

Screenshot_20220818-112939_AccuBattery.jpg

7e7aa580jgi91.jpeg

0 Likes
SammysGalaxy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Is there any S20FE5G User who can confirm that the battery is draining after the update???
0 Likes