Original topic:

Re: S9 + CHARGING PROBLEM

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 12:35 PM)
adilbadashaha
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I have a galaxy s9+ and from the time I did the post software update its not charging properly. It does show fast charging and the option is also on in battery settings but still when I connect the charger and use the device its battery starts to drain instead of charging like it used to do prior to the update..sometimes it does charger properly but most of times its acting weird. Charging brick and the cable are fine. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
that's why I use smart switch or odin or samsung service center to install software....because i know samsung provides non A/B partition type ota software not like other company..hence simply mobile data or wifi can do anything mysterious with device by producing software loop holes it's not process as previously note9 users lost their display forever after doing this
0 Likes
DaLawyer
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
same here.. very slow charging after the latest update.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue still kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. If you are using non-genuine Samsung charger, check device charging by using another Samsung genuine charger. (If available)
Note: We always recommend to use genuine Samsung charger for charging your device.

2. Charge the device in switch off condition:- Kindly follow the standard charging procedure. i.e; please charge the device in switch off condition for a minimum of 10 minutes.

If not resolved:- (Removable battery) – Kindly remove the back panel of your device and check the physical condition (Bulge, Swelling or visible damage).
If the physical condition is not good:- Request you to turn off the device immediately and please do not try to charge or tamper the battery also request you to visit the service center immediately.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report) along with Screen-shots(time taken to charge). This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
JaiKishanJK
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
If we switch off the device and charge, it falsely complains about moisture at the charging port and doesn't charge.
0 Likes