Did you mean: 

Original topic:

REGIONALISED APPS

(Topic created on: 04-05-2024 07:48 AM)
Ken1976
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Subject: Urgent Attention Required: Addressing App Usage Restrictions in Southern Africa

Dear Samsung,

We, as loyal customers of your esteemed brand, express our deep concern regarding the limitations imposed on app usage in the Southern African region. The frequent occurrence of the message "This app is not supported in your region" has caused significant frustration and disappointment among our community.

We understand Samsung's desire to cater to diverse markets and comply with regional regulations. However, we kindly request your urgent attention to this matter, as it undermines the value and accessibility of your products in our region.

By extending your market reach to Southern Africa, we believe it is essential to ensure equal access to all features and services offered by Samsung devices. Restricting certain apps not only limits our user experience but also raises questions about the fairness and inclusivity of your marketing strategies.

We genuinely appreciate the quality and innovation of Samsung products, and we remain committed to our association with your brand. However, we kindly request a prompt resolution to this issue to maintain our loyalty and avoid the potential shift of our consumer base to alternative brands.

We trust that Samsung values customer satisfaction and will take immediate action to address this matter. We eagerly await a positive response and the removal of these app usage restrictions in Southern Africa.

Thank you for your attention to this pressing concern.

Sincerely,

[Kennedy]
Concerned Samsung Customer
11 Comments
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
This is all well and good but you should also use the 'ask question' on the support side of this app and send this to them there as well.
0 Likes
Ken1976
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Will do. Thanks
0 Likes
Ken1976
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Above matter sir
0 Likes
Ken1976
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hello,

I would like to inquire about your thoughts on a matter of concern. Could you please share your perspective on this?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I don't understand what you mean, are you referring to above or on a different matter?
0 Likes
Ken1976
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The above matter sir
0 Likes
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You hit it on the nose and it's not just with apps, also with hardware like in the case of the S23 series.

We all know how heated Samsung phones get and it's because they haven't cracked the thermal issues that come with their in-house processor(Exynos). Certain countries that were using the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor could never understand our cries since their Samsung's didn't get hot. Now fast foward to last year with Samsung making the decision to use the Snapdragon on all their 2023 high-end phones and for the first time, all Exynos selected countries experienced what few countries do and the difference is CRAZY! I'm using an S23U and I've always told myself "Is this what they've been experiencing this whole time? No warm phone whatsoever!"(and since the heat is properly maintained, the battery life is incredible as well)

As you said in the spirit of respecting regional rules and regulations we can give them leeway for 'trying to give us access to apps that other countries already access', at the same time we know Southern Africa is 'developed' enough to be included in having the finer things of life, like Good Lock. I asked them about it and they replied to me saying that they understood the demand for it to be available in SA but they are working on expanding it to other countries as well. Which doesn't mean they'll support it in SA, it just means that they'll 'consider it'

At the end of the day, as consumers we are at their mercy but it is communication like this that may be the spark needed for them to change things and become inclusive. 🙂
Ken1976
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
If possible, please forward my post to the appropriate technical team to ensure that we receive the attention and support we deserve.
TeeA
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I'm a civilian just like you 😂 like I said before as long as you go to Support - Ask questions, copy and paste in there and send it, at least they'll get it. You can also post it on their online communities as well 👍🏾