Original topic:

Proximity Sensor Issue in S21U

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 08:28 PM)
SebinKC98
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Is there anyone facing issue with the proximity sensor while hearing audio messages in whatsapp or when in phone call where the screen don't dim or go off when holding phone close to ears for listening to audio? It's not turning the screen off and it's playing sound through loud speaker instead of ear piece speakers when brought close to ears. It mostly happens in whatsapp and Phone app after September Security patch. Have to restart the device each time when this issue persist to temporarily fix it.
8 Comments
DrAslam
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I thought its just me, but i have noticed it several times with WhatsApp actually. Strange.

But i hope its fixed already. Not experiencing the same any near past
SebinKC98
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes. Mostly it happens to WhatsApp only, it doesn't play audio messages thru earpiece instead it goes to speaker mode when it's bought to ear.
DrAslam
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeah, and i have felt so embarassed may be a couple of times in public as the sound was too loud.

Never missed to use my earbuds thereafter🤦🏽
DrAslam
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
And the worst thing is that we never gonna know when it's gonna kick into the speaker 🤣
SebinKC98
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Ya Exactly 😂😂
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I don't have any issues with WA audio messages or phone call.

The screen goes off both the times.

And WA audio messages also heard through ear piece only.
SebinKC98
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It's not showing frequently. It occurs randomly. It happened after installing September Security Patch.
0 Likes
VikrantTambade
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
It wasn't the case with me.