Original topic:

Post your battery usage graph.

(Topic created on: 08-31-2021 12:56 AM)
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys,
Let's all see the battery backup each person gets on their phone depending on their usage. There can be heavy, light and moderate users.
Post your battery usage screenshots here👍. I will post mine too below. 

"This will help people in some way to decide their next phone who are concerned about battery life OR detect if their device is defective in terms of battery backup."

Settings - device care - battery - last 7 days

Note: Battery usage "since last full charge" graphs aren't that useful as it may or may not contain overnight battery drain which is usually very low and will make graph look longer. So please try to post from "7 days usage" section along with screen on time details.
44 Comments
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Well, I used to get around 6 hours of SOT with android 8.
With android 10 (OneUI 2.5), I'm only getting 3hr 37 min with drop from 85% to 19%.
And 4hr 15min from 100% to 20%.

An S9+ user replaced his battery from service centre 2-3 days ago.
I asked him to show his SOT, he got 4hr 23min with drop from 100% to 18%.
And here my 2.5 year old battery is achieving similar results.
So its pointless for me to change it.
I used my device lightly and never overcharged it, probably its result.
sfxut03
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
He should visit the service center again. A friend of mine also changed his battery of Galaxy a8 star and after that she gets almost 6 hours of battery with that 3700 mah capacity. She is a heavy user.
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
A8 star is less than a mid range today. Its about flagship here.

You really don't know how the flagships perform, do you ?
You know about the Mongoose department ?

Its their cpu architecture, Samsung has been using it since S7, and went upto S20. It shows their level of engineering, was never able to keep up with US released Snapdragon flagship devices. Exynos 990 was a total failure.

Samsung had to shut it down completely, and now they are using ARM's cortex again after years, in S21.
They couldn't even use their own cores, due to poor performance and battery backup.

So, now you really know if its worth changing my battery or not...

Changing the other person's battery on S9+ might have improved his backup for him, but compared to his new battery, mine is similar. So its pointless for me anyway.

And I have got Samsung's own custom made Mongoose cores.
No matter what, battery in all their flagship from S7 upto S20 is terrible.
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
A50s
4000 mAh20210828_174136_28431.jpg
0 Likes
AlphaTrion
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
A52
4500 mAhScreenshot_20210831-005538_Samsung Members_28641.jpg