Original topic:

Possibilities for guys who are locked out or gonna be locked out of their device

(Topic created on: 10-29-2019 04:13 PM)
GerryHanny
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
For those running the Android 10 beta and have been locked out of their devices and are waiting for a solution... Here are a few possibilities...

1) You cannot use the PIN but biometrics are working...
Well, you are lucky for now but as per Android 10 security policies sooner or later you will be locked out and you will be forced to use a PIN... If Samsung issues an update before that... You are the luckiest man in the world since a factory reset and loss of precious data was nigh but you escaped...

2) You are already locked out and trying to figure out if there is a way without a factory reset... 
Well, the answer is a big NO... If u want to gain access to your phone, you have to reset it... If samsung provides an update, and if you are locked out of your phone then you wont be able to download and apply the update since in order to do that you need to have access to the settings menu... So either way you're screwed.... So reset it now itself... 

3) You have already reset your phone and now you are not able to set a screen lock
Well, stop trying coz you can't. You have no other option than to wait for Samsung to provide us with an update... You cannot downgrade to Android P since I have already tried that and it does not work... It has been confirmed by another user as well... So dont downgrade and waste your time with another factory reset... Instead start installing your applications and restoring your backups

19 Comments
GerryHanny
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
@geraldhaniel
0 Likes
eden10
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@vireshg52
0 Likes
sriram9796
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

@gerryhanny bro, morning when I visited the service center i asked him if there is any possibility to install an update through their systems without a factory reset. He said its possible if Samsung comes up with an update and instructions. So everything is with Samsung's hands.

0 Likes
eden10
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
so they are doing absolutely nothing about this issue?
0 Likes
sriram9796
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Till now that's the case bro. 

0 Likes
sriram9796
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Are you also facing this issue bro?

0 Likes
eden10
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yes i am since last 3 days.
0 Likes
sriram9796
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

@eden10 To be safe, make a backup now itself bro.

0 Likes
sriram9796
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

I have tweeted too. Guys try to tag samsung India and tweet.

0 Likes
GerryHanny
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yup.... Have done that already... Hoping for a response....
0 Likes