Original topic:

Poor benchmark results for my snapdragon s21

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 07:28 PM)
pnpinq
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I just got my brand new snapdragon version of the s21 base, and honestly i have not been satisfied with its performance and temperature.

The phone seems to be warm on hand even without particularly heavy workloads (just scrolling instagram etc) and during heavy workloads the metal frame gets so hot to the point where its untouchable. It also stutters here and there sometimes.

Here is the benchmark result:

Screenshot_20210706-194828_Geekbench 5.jpg

Any idea on why this is happening?

6 Comments
RufusM31s
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Same thing is happening to me also on my M31s. Insane multi core score, and pathetic single core score🥲. But I didn't notice any performance degrade when using it normally 😁
0 Likes
pnpinq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I think I have found the issue, snapdragon 888 just overheats too much to the point where the score halved. I tried putting it into a freezer and a few minutes and the score bumped up to 1100 single core again :) Still this proves that heat dissipation on this phone isn't really ideal

RufusM31s
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Okay. Glad u have found ur solution😊
0 Likes
Subham21
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Did you import it?
0 Likes
pnpinq
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

what does that mean?

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes