Original topic:

Poor battery backup of S20 plus, Cheated by Samsung

(Topic created on: 10-27-2020 07:31 AM)
kira1961
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I recently bought Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus from the original website and within 4 days of usage I a realize what a blunder mistake I have done by buying this device.  The device battery drains so quickly that it it merely gives a screen on time of 2 hrs on a full charge! I feel cheated by Samsung because earlier I was buying S20 FE but then, a Samsung Agent called me up and told me to go with S20plus. I wasn't even aware that there won't be Snapdragon 865 on the S20 plus ,but the agent made sure that Snapdragon 865 will be there for sure.. I feel cheated now. Its been 4 th day of this device and I really wish that I can return this device and get my money back from Samsung!!! Please help if anyone's listening out there....
9 Comments
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
You are buying such expensive stuff BASED ON advice from some phone call ?
Why you didn't read specifications, reviews BEFORE buying?

Your issue seems to be of faulty device so you can try for replacement.
0 Likes
kira1961
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Actually i had placed the order for S20FE but the transaction got failed, within that amount of time , the samsung guy called me up to go for s20+ .. Though, I went through YouTube about s20+ , but in the video I didn't knew that Snapdragon 865 is only restricted to USA only. I didn't have any idea that a company so reputed would do such a thing by restricting the cheap and underperforming processor to Indian market.. I mean who does that man...
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung has been doing this since long time. Also it is not only Indian market but Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, South East Asia as well.
So many youtube videos have clearly mentioned it.

Now only thing you can do is - If you have recording of call with Samsung guy then you can approach consumer court with proof.
Else ask for replacement.
0 Likes
kira1961
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Ok, thanks.
0 Likes
AGP25
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You should know completely about the device before buying..just search some common problems about any Samsung phones on Google..it'll show the posts on Samsung members forums..or if you are a Samsung user..then post it here..you can ask which phone to buy..there are many to help you out..
don't fall for these calls..😅
0 Likes
kira1961
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
ok thanks, being a oneplus user , I never expected this would happen with this brand. would take care..
0 Likes
AGP25
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
yeah do take care..if you are getting the SD variant of Samsung then thats the best..I don't trust one plus though its packed with features, security is a concern when we have transactions going on in mobiles nowadays..😅
0 Likes
Rohit9r
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Exynos 990 is a weak processor
It has lots of drawbacks
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. To resolve battery issue kindly follow the below given step:-

- Battery optimization:- Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question). Kindly send us the screenshot (which apps are consuming most of the battery).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes