Original topic:

Please Samsung!!!

(Topic created on: 01-03-2018 06:49 PM)
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung devices are all well built, excellently crafted with top notch hardware. Even with the lower end phones. That's great when it comes from a tier 1 brand.

As users of your devices , we are all happy with what we got except one thing. SOFTWARE UPDATES.

Almost all other manufacturers now majorly concentrating on OS updates.

Releasing a lots of powerful phones are good. But updating them time to time is important. Samsung mainly ditches the old flagship users. Flagship users are not like mid range users. They expect updates quickly. That too if some of their frnds got the new Android version but still their Samsung flagship didn't get one, they feels really bad.

You have released Note 8 now. You will support it till the next flagship arrives. then you will slow down its update process like s7 edge , s6 edge , etc.

We didn't expected Oreo now, atleast giving us latest Samsung experience helps u maintain a good relationship with the customers.

Not only me, all the customers of s7 are frustrated. Not only s7, S6, note 5,etc

Please UPDATE your previous FLAGSHIPs quickly...
15 Comments
Daasarathi
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Why we need an upgrade when the system is running smoothly.
If you have look at the others UI, App drawer, Home Screen & Widgets they're no worth in comparison with Samsung.
I used many devices other than Samsung, even know The Brand NOKIA is worst in all aspects.

Don't worry about updates on other products, I simply ask you all one thing, compare the Samsung apps with other devices apps, say for example MY FILES, MY GALAXY, SAMSUNG INTERNET, SAMSUNG PAY, SAMSUNG PASS,
Customization apps - SAMSUNG THEMES AND WALLPAPERS, LOCK SCREEN., etc.

Consider Brothers Patiently
0 Likes
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
we need Samsung experience ux. My phone lags. Battery life is not as good as when I bought it. If I reset my phone, I will get good battery life.
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Looks like the only reason you want an update is because your friends using Pixel phones are getting updates quicker.

Major OS updates for Android in recent times (after Lollipop) have extremely few changes and improvements even in phones running on AOSP (Oppo's OxygenOS on OnePlus, Nokia, Sony, HTC's SenseUI and Pixel/Nexus line). So when it arrives on phones running heavily customised skins as in Samsung and LG, the changes are even more insignificant for an average user. My sister couldn't even notice any difference in her S8 running Nougat and now Oreo beta.

So what I'm saying is that if you're buying your phone just for watching the OS version number in your settings change faster than your friends, buy a Pixel phone.
Balajihbk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Good explanation. But I'm asking for Samsung experience for s7 edge. which a j7 2016 is updated to it. but not s7 edge.
0 Likes
lunaticfiend
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Samsung pushes UI changes only through major OS updates. S7, S7E and S6 family got nougat way before S8 launched with new UI, so they are still with old UI. The J series and C series phone got their nougat update sometime in August, so they got the new UI along with it.

If the new UI (which is only a cosmetic change with no new major features) is very important for you, just hold on till end of February when S7 family might probably get the Oreo update with the new UI
0 Likes
admin_
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for being with Samsung and for sharing your feedback. Sir, Samsung offers you the best value on the product released. Updates are rolling out by time to time for the devices, However it totally depends on the availability and compatibility of the update with the devices. Be sure to hit ♡ when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes