Original topic:

Pink line appears on the display of Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus

(Topic created on: 01-30-2023 06:03 AM)
Kalindu7
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My Samsung S21 plus suddenly got a pink line on the screen, today. My mobile was used with extreme care and it wasn't damaged or dropped. The line came without any physical damage. 

What was the reason behind this ?? 

This is my 5th Galaxy S series product (s3, s5, s7 edge, s9 plus and s21 plus) and I haven't used any Apple product to the date. And I'm extremely disappointed with the quality of Samsung products, specially on my s21 plus with this defective display while having a flat screen. 

12 Comments
dombess
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
This is a manufacturing defect and most probably you will have to replace your display.If you are out of warranty, the cost of replacing the display might be very expensive these days.
Kalindu7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
A new display costs 2/3 of a phone.
0 Likes
dombess
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Best thing is to visit samsung service center. By the way you can use alternative features like samsung dex, disable always on display(AOD) to increase the lifetime of the current display , because with time more green/pink lines start to appear.
Kalindu7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
During the servicing, there might be a possibility of triggering LDI
0 Likes
Kalindu7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That would be the best solution. Sadly I planing to do the same.
Sha_zan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
This issue is likely caused by a hardware malfunction in the display panel of the Samsung S21 Plus. The best solution would be to contact the Samsung customer service and schedule an appointment at a local service center. They may repair the issue for free if the device is still covered under warranty.

If not, the repair may require a fee. In either case, it's advisable to backup all important data before visiting the service center.

Unfortunately, the replacement cost for the original display will be higher. But that's the only solution. If you are not worried about the pink line issue, I advise you to keep your phone the way it is. And it won't mess up your Galaxy device.

Be sure to click the 3 dots and " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thanks... 👍
Kalindu7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I heard that this will get worsened with time
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi 👋
Sorry to hear that😔
It kinda common but not for all the devices, like you described.

So no chance to fix it without changing the whole display 😕

So if my comment is useful for you, use the 3 dots in my comment for accept my comment as a solution. 😉 👍
Kalindu7
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It will cost a new mobile phone.