Original topic:

Pin

(Topic created on: 11-25-2019 08:32 PM)
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Since two days I have been facing a problem of setting pins. My phone was locked and for security reasons i had to enter pin. I remember my pin and entered it but the phone did not accept it. I was using the android 10 beta on my s10. After resetting the phone through recovery mode, I downgraded to stock firmware and now i am not able to set fingerprints and facial recognition and pins and passwords and patterns. While setting fingerprint, it tell me to enter pin which i do, but declines to accept it saying the lock screen was changed already. Same thing with all other options. 
Can anybody help me?
6 Comments
Galaxy S
A mistake that you did was going back to the official version. An update was issued that fixed the lockscreen bug but that update was only for the beta version. Now again you have to go into beta version and install the hotfix update. See if there is any slots available otherwise flash it via an ADB
0 Likes
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i checked for various times for the update while in beta. but it was not available. i have applied for beta once again. lets see
0 Likes
Galaxy S
it was released 2 days after the problem. ie on sunday.
0 Likes
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thats the thing i experienced this problem on tuesday and until then i did not receive the update. fine now theres no point in discussing. i have not yet received the beta. and i had to reset because i was unable to unlock my phone at all.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there,
Sorry about the issue with your premium device. If you have configured Samsung account with `Find my mobile service' and the device internet as well as Remote Unlock feature is enabled, you may use it to remove the lock screen online.
Visit the link https://findmymobile.samsung.com/  enter Samsung account and tap on unlock.

If the issue persists please visit the Samsung authorized service center. Refer to the link provided -http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation

Regards,
Team Samsung Members
dhruv18
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
the issue had already been resolved. i downgraded my phone to an older version of android pie and upgraded it with the official samsung update to november security patch. worked like a charm
0 Likes