Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Phone battery drains quickly and phone overheating, Galaxy S9 plus
8 Comments
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What do you mean by over heating? Is the temperature going beyond 50deg? Plz be specific.
0 Likes
Subbu2020
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, indeed it is around 50°C.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That can't be possible. Only during game play and other heavy usage it can go upto 50 degrees. In normal it can never go above 40 degrees. I mine only during games I can experience temp upto 50 deg which will coll down soon. Check with cpu z app. Mine will be around 35deg always during normal usage.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Send a screenshot. I can't believe it.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Looks like there are many unopened app or some malware which is causing thermal throttling. Try to factory reset your phone.
0 Likes
iamrohitkm
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro it wont go more than 45deg if you use normal apps. Usually it goes more than 45 plus if you play games and run any graphics intensive apps.
Galaxy S
I'm not talking about playing games but about thermal throttling due to background apps remaining open.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Battery drainage" issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Battery optimization:-Settings>Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

2. Close background running apps:-Tap on recent key and close the background running application.

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

For the details of overheating issue kindly follow the instructions provided in the link given below:- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-heating-issue-occurs-in-mobile-device/

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question). Kindly send us the screenshot (which apps are consuming most of the battery).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes