Original topic:

PUBG GAMING ISSUE WITH s20+. Frame Drops and lagging despite all solutions performed.

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 11:05 AM)
sandip21i
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

PUBG on S20+ lagging!  Tried doing everything: free RAM, close all apps, stop game optimization services. Still the same. The game worked flawlessly when i put smooth graphic setting with extreme frame rate, but now it still lags. It is like waggling chicken, losing frames continuously despite lowering frame rate. 

I tried all graphic setting, higher graphics problem gets worse. I am now regretting the decision, wondering if I want to send for replacement but found COD works very nice. My current iphone 8 runs PUBG extremely smooth on high graphics and 60Hz frame rate. Samsung, is this hardware fault or a software glitch?

Abhilakshya
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Have you tried doing it? Did hard reset work for you?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Yas Hard Reset fixed lots of issues on my device... I'm not saying your device will be super stable.... If u want u can... Just saying my opinion...
0 Likes
Abhilakshya
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Can you please tell me what all it did fix for you?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
i have done a frame rate test... nd It's Staying between 40-55 FPS... This might get fixed with a software update... Try a lower graphics settings with pubg if it is too laggy...
0 Likes
Abhilakshya
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
And what about the heating issues?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Heating Issues Depends for everyone... It depends on the way one uses the device...
0 Likes
Francis
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Both PUBG and Call of Duty use app optimisation specific to devices based on the processor and GPU. These games have to release new update with compatibility on the new hardware. Also, keep in mind s9, S10 and S10 are devices with insane ppi (more than 500, even more than highest iPhones) and resolutions meaning this will require power and performance demands. go to settings and reduce resolutions while playing the game. Worked on my s10
0 Likes
sandip21i
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

so guys no new solution which works yet. I request @Samsung team to suggest something better than their generic response on similar post. We have spent huge amount on phone and can at least expect if not high class but moderate gameplay quality which is also not achieved  I by now have tried different combinations ofnlow resolution to high and low frame rate to extreme. Also tried 60 vs 120hz refresh rate . Tried also screen resultion to FHD or lower. GAMES STILL LAG ESPECIALLY PUBG.

0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Man, what is your problem? Can't you understand? The problem is not with Samsung but with PUBG developers. Go to their forum and discuss the issue there.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support4
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We are sorry for your inconvenience. Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Check space availability: Settings > Device Care > Storage
Request you to keep at least ''minimum 20% internal memory free''

2. Check space availability: Settings > Device care > Memory
To improve the performance RAM of the device should be free. So, clear the RAM memory once in a day.

3. Check app cache
a. Clear app cache through Device care : Settings > Device care > Storage > CLEAN NOW
b. Clear cache memory of a particular application : Setting > Apps > Now pick the app. For example 'Samsung Internet' > Storage > Clear Cache.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > click on “+“icon > send feedback > error report/ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes