Original topic:

PSA - Dont pre - book or buy a samsung flagship on the first month of launch

(Topic created on: 02-20-2021 03:26 PM)
Samsung_keYKkQa
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Just a heads up/ warning for people buying samsung devices on the first day of launch/ in the first few weeks. 

Samsung is notorious for doing this thing in india where they "Show" the price to be 2x times the actual cost and claim they are giving a discount. 

Remember during pre-booking they claimed MRP for S21 Ultra is 1,28,999 and they are discounting prices to just 1.05Lakhs and giving you loads of "gifts" like free smarttags etc?

Look at the price I randomly found on the corporate offers website (Which is not an exclusive site,accessing through a friends account) 
the attached image is my cart WITHOUT any exchange offer, with only the HDFC instant cashback of INR 10,000 applied.  And its not even a month since the phone launched

I feel bad for the people who pre booked the phone

samsung.png

Agreed that I wont get the benefits like free Galaxy Watch Active2 or Smart Tag, But lets face it, Active2 is going to become old in a few weeks when Active3 Launches. 

So just wait for a few weeks after samsung launches an "Exclusive" flagship

11 Comments
sarfarazahmed
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
how to get corporate offers
0 Likes
Galaxy S

https://www.samsung.com/in/store/corporate/home/ 

Visit this site, and it will ask for your company email ID, Once entered it will mail an OTP to that email. Works pretty much for all companies out there. Just official company email ID required

0 Likes
S20FE5G865
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
which company email ID?
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Any email Id provided by your employer for work which is not a personal ID (Which does not end with gmail.com or outlook.com etc) 

0 Likes
Notadeveloper
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Never buy a phone on first month. My policy after my old oneplus 7 fckd up with issues. From that day onwards i buy my devices after two to 6 months. If device has some hardware and display issues i wait for 6 months. And its bit cheaper than first one.
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I checked. it shows 84999.00

Screenshot_20210220-165250_Chrome_44632.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Yes, when you enter a HDFC credit or debit card in the payment section the price reduces by another 10k to 75k cause of instant discount. Its valid till 28th Feb

0 Likes
S_Kumar73
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
ya I thought of buying s21 ultra, but heard many people complaining that the phone heats up tremendously when we use camera even for 5 mins and the app itself shuts, also popup showing phone is very hot .. I'm using note 10 plus, I can record even for 30 mins. it gets warm but never crosses 40°. but s21 ultra crosses 45°c
0 Likes
RakeshJR
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Watch active 2 is still good with all required features such as ECG , BP etc and 

We received S21 Ultra + Samsung Smart Clear view case + Galaxy Watch active 2 + Smart Tag for Rs 93000
Which i still feel its worth it , 

If you consider the freebies 
S21 Ultra    - Rs 105000
HDFC Card - discount   Rs 10000
Pre reservation discount - Rs 2000 
Galaxy watch active 2 - Rs 24000
Galaxy smart Tag - Rs 2250
Clear view case - Rs 3500

Effective Phone price - Rs 72,250

Its worth buying only if you prebooked & Pre reserved the phone.

And Galaxy Watch Active 3 will no where be below Rs 30000 
So if you purchase phone at  Rs 75000 + watch 30000 - you would still be paying Rs 105000 

0 Likes