Original topic:

Overheating issues S20 Plus

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 09:14 AM)
ajaykundu
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My phone is just one month old. I have been noticing some issues since I got this phone. It overheats quickly and the battery just drains very fast. It sometimes heats up even when not in use. The battery also behaves very weird. I had 70% charge when I went to bed. When I got up in the morning the phone was dead. How come it can lose 70% charge even if the phone is not being used. I use only the charger provided with the phone. I put the phone on charging and it showed 1 hr 11 minutes to full charge. However when I checked after around one hour, the battery was 52% charged with the phone temperature very high and the battery not charging further. I had to remove from charging and let the phone cool down before charging further. This doesn't look normal. This is my 3rd Samsung smartphone (all were Galaxy S series, S1, S8 and now S20 Plus). I faced screen issues in S8 and now not happy with S20 Plus. Very disappointed as prices are very high and the performance is sub par. The battery drains so fast that I have to use it as a basic phone only. Can't use full features. Any one facing similar issues? 
19 Comments
ajaykundu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Just while typing this small post the battery went down from 48% to 44%.
0 Likes
sidanashubham
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
hello join this group of galaxy s20
Samsung S20 International Group
https://t.me/GalaxyS20World
0 Likes
sidanashubham
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
lets discuss there with many more members in this group some has s20 plus and they are almost satisfied
Arunsk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I have similar issues in my s20.. I went to service center they have investigated and gave a replacement coupon .so now I upgraded to s20 plus yesterday
0 Likes
Arunsk
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
do you have any signal reception prob in your place. try by putting your phone on flight mode in your night and chec
0 Likes
ajaykundu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks Arun, but when I compare this with my earlier phone Huawei Mate 20 Pro, it was just perfect. The battery drop in night was just 10-15% max with same features on for the Mate 20 Pro. My other worry is that the S20 plus phone gets hot while charging sometimes, and the charging percentage just doesn't go up.
0 Likes
galaxyfan77
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
same battery isuue..
should i go to service centre because batteey draining too fast.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve "Battery drainage" issue kindly follow the given below step:

>>Battery optimization:-Settings>Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory.

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

And to resolve "overheating" issue kindly follow the given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-heating-issue-occurs-in-mobile-device/

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question) along with the Video or Screen-shots(which application is taking most of the battery). This will help us to further investigate and resolve your concern.
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
ajaykundu
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung customer support, thanks for writing. Please accept that somebody who has bought a 78k phone is not a first time phone user, and try to accept your shortcomings. The battery heating and drainage issue is something which I am hearing from most of Samsung users on various platforms. I am experiencing the same. Hence the issue is genuine. The consumer is now educated and you cannot fool anymore. You will say turn off bluetooth, NFC, wifi, Hotspot, 120 Hz refresh, sync, and so on. But that's what I bought this stupid phone to use for. And this is a flagship phone of yours and meant to give an unparalleled experience. I do not want to hold either a heating brick in my hand nor want to get glued to a charging station. Whatever features are on, can you let me what causes a 70% battery drain overnight (5-6 hours) when the screen is off, Unless you think someone is mining crypto currency. Believe me it's the 3rd class Exynos processor that is causing issues and you are testing the faith of your consumers. I have used Galaxy S and S8 in the past, all bad experiences. I thought you would have made improvements but sorry. My last used phones except Samsung are Sony Xperia Z, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, Oneplus 5t, Huawei Mate 20 Pro (most recently) and all were delight to use though being cheaper than this one. Super fast charging is also a gimmick, your 30 minutes to charge as shown is actually 45-50 minutes in actual (no use of phone while charging).
0 Likes