Original topic:

Overheating issue with my new S21

(Topic created on: 04-08-2021 08:10 PM)
arjunchawla23
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

After watching every possible comparison between Exynos 2100 vs Snapdragon 888 on the internet, I was pretty convinced that this time I would for All time HOT controversial Samsung's the "S" series flagship thinking that finally the battery and heating issues has come to the end this time.

But...I was wrong. I bought my phone 7 days back and constantly annoyed to use the phone at all, it feels burning brick to my hands just after recording 5 min 4K 60 fps video.

First time I have invested such a huge money in mobile phone with the thought that I will use this one for at least 3 years, but not sure anymore.

I will visit the customer service though, but going through all the threads here it seems there won't be any good come out of that.

19 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Where did you buy your phone from? Try getting a replacement if from Amazon.
0 Likes
arjunchawla23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I bought it Offline

0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Then visit a service center and tell them about their issue and demand your rights.
0 Likes
arjunchawla23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I did visit, but they are saying that up to 50 degrees C at the body it's normal and beyond that, we will consider the heating issue...
I spoke with customer care and they told up to 48 degrees C it's considered normal.
I am specifically having an issue while using the camera

The temperature measured by service center manager was more than 46 degrees C while using the camera for just 5 min. He told its normal, which is definitely not...one can not hold the phone and shoot with that hot.

They also wiped out the whole Os and re-installed from there system new one and the result was same.

0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
48 to 50 is not normal at all. It currently seems to be a software issue as it affects mostly the camera, so expect some patches soon :)
0 Likes
Anak1n
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Same here man..
0 Likes
Anak1n
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I am planning to do this Cache-Wipe process soon, as suggested by various users. Let's see, if it makes any difference.
0 Likes
AKSM215F
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Give it a Shot. If not fixed take to Samsung Service Center