Original topic:

Overheating in Galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 03:29 PM)
NWC_Fringe
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
In the Exynos 9820 variant of the Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F), After the april OneUI 2.1 update, a massive issue of over heating and a big battery backup drop is found. These problems weren't there before this update. Hence, this problem also causes charging issues as the phone overheats and not able to charge properly (Even though I have to use a fan to keep the phone cool while charging 🙄), also while charging sometimes the estimated time meter also disappears. I don't even charge the phone while playing games or even put a case on it, still just after playing 10 minutes, the phone temperature reaches about to 40°C. Also this overheating causes GPU not to work properly hence, since last month I m playing with 45 fps where I used to play with 60 fps. I haven't filled half of the phone storage, means that is not the issue for the lag.

One of my friend is using Exynos 9810 Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), He plays game even with charging and with a case on phone, but still there is no overheating.

Please Samsung, FIX this issue for us.
12 Comments
Praveen2401
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
i recently compared s10+ exynos with s10+ Snapdragon...exynos is one of the worst processor compared to SD.
NWC_Fringe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes bro, that's because Adreno GPU is better than ARM Mali GPU, also in S10, Exynos is based on 8nm whereas Snapdragon is based on 7nm, this also affects the battery life slightly. But in terms of CPU performance, Exynos beats Snapdragon, still GPU a major factor which is making Exynos lose to Snapdragon from last 3 years.
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
main reason for all to fail is bug instability you can either wait for next stable update or follow some advice and tips I could give you
1 use adaptive battery
2 use medium power save
3 prevent background apps from consuming data in battery device care
4 put unused apps to sleep
5 reduce some permissions given to apps that are not necessary for running of app
6 use dark mode
7 use location when necessary as in maps Google search or any location based app else constant use loads battery causing heating
8 prevent network inputs like NFC bluetooth WiFi from working together too many network inputs will cause heating and lagging
9 while charging keep phone idle
10 turn off auto sync use when necessary
11 reset phone settings once clear cache
12 if nothing works once try factory reset
13 charge in cool conditions as outside weather will be hot these days
14 dont use vibration if not necessary
15 use accubattery for complete battery diagnostics
I hope this helps because one ui bugs can be fixed by samsung when new updates come till then try these tips they could help to reduce battery heat up and loading so that smooth charging works and device runs smoothly
deepak0099
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yup...similar issues after update. Overheating & charge completion time not coming which ultimately leads to slow charging. It is taking around 2.5 hrs for complete charge.
NWC_Fringe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes bro, it is causing problems
NWC_Fringe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
1. My phone is on Medium Power mode.

2. same 1st

3. I close unnecessary apps from background

4. I did it

5. Already done

6. My phone is on Dark Mode from past 3 weeks continuously

7. I m at home from past 2 months due to lockdown. 🤣 so my location is not needed.

8. I rarely use any of these features.

9. Always

10. I had never turned auto sync on from the day I bought phone.🤣

11. Did

12. Not done

13. I use a fan to cool down phone while charging.😅

14. Vibrations have been turned of as I am at home.

15. did
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
until u get an update what choice do u have
hope i could help u somehow
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
try factory reset once