Original topic:

Outdoor screen brightness and heating issues in S20 fe 5g

(Topic created on: 05-23-2021 11:01 PM)
shaury317
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi team,i m a very happy buyer of S20 fe 5g but i have noticed that whenever i start to use my device my outdoor in bright sunlight the brightness feels kind of low and if i want to click a pic than i am unable to preview it .and also on a little bit of camera use and any other apps the device starts to get warm.so i think this is really disappointing to see that even after paying such a premium, Chinese brands like OnePlus are providing better displays with amazing brightness.i want the team to take any action upon it and fix the issue with an update if possible, regarding brightness and warming
18 Comments
shaury317
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
19/5/21
0 Likes
BaaziGar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Then Do It By Tomorrow If You Want To Get Rid Of This Problem
0 Likes
shaury317
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
In my case the screen is not blinking...the peak brightness looks kind of low that's it...can it be solved
0 Likes
BaaziGar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Contact Samsung Customer Support Don't Worry Samsung Will Help You I Suggest You To Get Replacement
0 Likes
S20FEGUY
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

Hi, This is not an issue, let me explain why you are facing this problem. What Samsung does whenever your phone heats anywhere above 42'C it starts lowering down the peak brightness to cool it done. During this summer your phone heats quickly in day time and as you have mentioned you are using camera it will heat fast. Which lowers the screen brightness and outdoor visibility is poor. You will not face these issues during winter.

Thank You

0 Likes
shaury317
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Is the same problem present in OnePlus phones also?
0 Likes
Sai_Sarvesh
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Cyclones
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Even i am having the sam issue in s20 fe 5g except that I am not taking photos. Even if i am not using the phone( it is in idle state), when I take the phone out of the pocket I can't see in outdoors/sunlight even with max brightness and auto brightness on.

But s21 fe 5g doesn't have this problem. Both phones are nearby and s21 fe has wifi mobile data and location on and still the screen stays bright no matter what.
I think there is some issue in s20 fe 5g.
0 Likes