Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One ui 5 Galaxy S21 series

(Topic created on: 12-10-2022 04:12 AM)
Keenon
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Listen, I don't think we're getting the update anytime soon. The Samsung south Africa staff can't even give me answers. As if we all haven't tried checking for the update. It's things like this that make me want to go back to Apple 

19 Comments
Big_J
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
At this point I'm secretly wishing that someone starts officially retailing the Google Pixel. Like seriously, we just need the Google Pixel in South Africa via a retailer. Thats how we will become happy phone owners once again.
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I don't know why Google is not expanding their market.

They are on pixel 7 now to show that they've been in this for a long time. I feel like if they were to come here they'll seriously give Samsung something to think about.
Big_J
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
True. I'm thinking of trading my S21, count my losses, and get maybe a Pixel 6, or 5a... At this rate...Thats exactly where I'm headed ...
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
you can go get a pixel but there are dangers of bringing in a device thats not sold in the region should something happen to it you can't get it fixed because there will not be support for it.
0 Likes
Rudzani
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Personally I can't import a phone that is not sold here officially as there won't be any support.I wish Google can include us in their market. But I don't see that happening any time soon. They seem to be content with the few markets.
0 Likes
MohammedAbbas
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The S21 Series One Ui 5.0 update is currently being rolled out throughout the world at the moment as well as in South Africa
You should receive notification of this update by next week
Each country will differ due to the different chipsets
Some countries may have the S21 Series with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 Chipsets
The rest will have the S21 Series with the Exynos 2100 Chipsets
M2NGWA
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
you are going to give yourself depression. I am not bothered by the receiving the update late because it will not change much... when we ask you what do you enjoy about the update, you say its smooth and fast and new app icons after a week of usage? Already through finelock i am enjoying lockscreen customisation and better ways of enabling multitasking which is what the update will bring..
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
We got a,security patch more than 2,months ago, it makes the phone unsafe for the user's data...just saying!
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I wonder if we must not write a,letter to samsung korea,seems,like they,forgot about south africa. Yesterday I,saw even old samsung tablets elsewhere got the update. A friend of mine had the flip 3 and my samsung s21,ultra,usually gets the updates before that phone,but het got his update last week,something is definitely wrong
0 Likes
Pierre44mp
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I'm at the point where I want to take out my sim and connect my vpn and set it to korea ,clear samsung members cache and re- log in and go complain there,as this samsung members app of south africa is,useless, I want to do the same on the usa site