Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 5 Andriod 13

(Topic created on: 11-27-2022 07:21 AM)
asp1495
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi...when wil the S21 series get the new update? It said it wil be in November but November is almost done and I still haven't received the update...This is why I like Apple much more where when they release a new update then it is available for every eligible device where as Samsung you have to wait almost 1 month just to get an update..really???
15 Comments
S21-ultra
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Also waiting but pretty sure it is carrier dependent. Apple forced carriers to not load bloatware or not sell their phones .... something like that ..... but other carrier provided phones have to wait for their carriers to release..... not Samsung fault. Carriers are the slow ones to update. I am waiting on MTN
asp1495
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Sorry for asking this question but since when does a SOFTWARE UPDATE have to do with your "carriers" ???
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It has been like that for a long time now. It might not be as notable in South Africa but it is in other countries. It is one of the reasons why Android phones come with so much pre-installed apps. Apple does not push updates through carriers, they do it directly themselves.

Carriers sometimes modify the hardware or software to suit their network and brand. This is especially for those devices under contract. So when a new update is released by the manufacturer, it needs to be tested and modified if necessary by the carrier to work with their devices. That's why devices on some carriers take longer than others to release updates.
asp1495
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Well then Samsung has to be more clearly to say that when the update is release then your SERVICE PROVIDER is the first to modifications the it will be released for your phone...but okay I didn't know it I know it now..And that's why I am switching to Apple...😬
Smekahle
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This is true, that is why when Apple releases a new update everyone gets it same day.
LemonCream
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Exactly.
0 Likes
Smekahle
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
We the only region that's excluded on the Beta programme. These networks are controlling
asp1495
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you...Exactly my point
0 Likes
Big_J
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Plus what if I have changed the sim card that is in my phone? Does 'carrier' still apply? For example I got my phone on fnbconnect contract. Bit I switched to a prepaid vodacom card. How does 'carrier' affect the update on my Samsung?
0 Likes